7/2004
Country
US
State
TX
City
Mesquite
Hello.

Can you please give me your opinion on this? Does this look like atrophy or is it a case of asymmetry? My right calf muscle looks shorter than my left and further down my right leg looks smaller than my left. Thanks for your time.

Attachments

• IMG_7034.jpg
    IMG_7034.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 4,591
Here are a few more pics. First pic is my right leg 3 years ago and second pic is my leg today.

Attachments

• IMG_7037.jpg
    IMG_7037.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 525
  • IMG_7038.jpg
    IMG_7038.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 738
It is hard to say from pictures but I don't see anything worrisome. What did your neuro say and what did the EMG show?

Hi, Nikki.

Thanks for responding. When I had my EMG done, she said that one of the numbers was mildly low. She also said that it was a sensory nerve.

An issue with the sensory nerve ( it sounds like the doctor did not think it was significant) would have been on the ncs part ( shocks) not the EMG ( needles)

I'm not sure. Those were the results that she gave me. Is an EMG and NCS the the same test? What I mean is I know that she poked me with what I thought were needles all over both legs and arms. Is the EMG and ncs done at the same time?

They are different tests but usually done together. Sometimes the ncs is done by a technician or resident

Ok. I send my neuro a message asking which one I had or if I had both. On the results, this is what she said, word for word:
One number was mildly low, but the EMG was essentially normal. there is nothing to be concerned about based on that study

That's great news. There is nothing to be concerned about. You're good to go. It's not ALS. That's great news. Time for you to move on from this site. Focus on what else may be causing your symptoms as it's not ALS.
Tracy

All of you are terrific on this site. You are all so informative and help to put people's minds at ease. God bless you for all of your time and thoughtfulness. You sure don't have to do this for those of us that are worried about ALS. It means more than you know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back