Other
Country
Us
State
Il
City
Chicago
Hi,
I just want to preface this by saying that I really did not want to end up posting here - it feels wrong knowing all that people on here are going through - so, please just know that I do really appreciate anyone who takes the time to read and offer thoughts on this.

For the past week, I've had periods of a sort of vibrating feeling around my right shin. Then, a few days ago, I went swimming, and afterwards, it progressed into what I realized is actually a rapid twitching. It has continued doing this, no joke, for 3 straight days. Every 7 seconds or so, it does this crazy rapid, almost vibration-like twitching. It lasts for a few seconds, then takes a 7 second break, and does it again. The first day, rubbing around my shin or flexing it would stop it. Now, nothing seems to. It's the nothing stopping it thing that is really scaring me. I did read the sticky, and I know that Dr. Google likes to stir fears, but I am really terrified. It will not stop. I've tried compressing it in wraps, taking ibuprofein, even hitting it a few times (I was desperate and freaked out) - nothing. I tried a Xanax, just in case. Still going. Sometimes, I start to also feel something similar around my ankle, and my knees feel kind of stiff/achy (have been for a month for no clear reason), but it's my shin area that won't stop. I'm an easily anxious person, and I am just really scared...So, I'll ask it, does this sound like the start of ALS? I'm only 28, but I know that doesn't matter. I don't have any weakness, at least not yet, that I can tell.

Again, thank you so much for taking the time to read, and possibly share your thoughts. I promise to ask this question, and then get out.

I'd try some magnesium lotion and look to rebalance your diet and hydration. If that doesn't work, see a doc.

No, it does not.

Best,
Laurie

Like Laurie says, no ALS there
Al

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back