Learn about ALS
Country
PT
State
PT
City
LX
Hello everyone,

I know you have to read lots of threads like this and I'm sorry for this thread so full of anxiety...

I have an appointment with a neurologist in a few weeks and the waiting is killing me.

I am 27 and I don't think I have anyone in the family with ALS. However I have the following symptoms:

A few weeks ago I started feeling a slight pain in my back that seemed to irradiate lightly to my left leg and even my arm and chest. I felt like I had some sort of weight in the left side of my chest and it was kind of hard for me to breath due to that.

But what got me so nervous what that two days ago I started feeling my legs tingling and after that I felt some sort of numbness and slight pain near the knees. I feel that my muscles are sore but I didn't do any exercise and it all happened all of a sudden. I also feel that my legs are a bit weaker and stiffer. Something is off... I can feel it. I went to the hospital and I did blood tests (regular ones and also kidney and liver ones and etc) and everything was normal. At the hospital they also made me some reflex tests like beating me with a stick (I don't know the tecnical name) to see if I had reflexes and I think I had them ok. They also poked me on several areas to see if I could feel it and I could feel it too (but I know that in ALS the sensory feelings are there).

I have also been crying more than normal, which I know it can be a symptom, but I don't know if this is more anxiety related or anything.

I'm sorry for not being able to explain it so well, but my mother tongue is not English.

Thank you for reading.

Hi Annia
Tingling numbness feelings of weight and radiating pain are all sensory symptoms so would really point away from ALS. Crying more than usual would be quite normal for you as you have so much going on and unsure if it's serious or not. Emotional lability in als can be crying can be laughing it's more a disproportionate emotional response.

It doesn't sound anything like my experience of ALS. Keep working with your doctors and I hope they find answers for you soon.

Wendy

Thank you a lot for taking the time to answer, Wendy.

I guess I'll just wait for the neurologist appointment and I'll express my concerns to him. I think I have several different things that can or not be unrelated, but I know that my anxiety is taking the best of me. The more we read about symptoms and diseases online the more we feel we have all of them.

I wish you and your family the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back