Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
OR
City
Portland
I started having tightness in both arms of lower and maybe upper elbow -more intense in r arm -tightness never went away and then about week or so later my hands and lower arms started getting weak -it seems the weakness in arms is related to using my hands -all connected it seams- my arms have been twitching off and on in my hands and arms -

also right foot been cramping or something?gor the last month and a half so quit running about a month ago and pain cramping etc has never gone away it just comes and goes all the time-it seems like during this first week of initial weakness I was sometimes getting little nerve shocks in random place around arms etc and occasionally on all different parts of the body

-the shocks have gone away in the last week for the most part but now my hands and lower arms are loosing strength quickly it appears and it seems like they are shrinking -even a buddy of mine mention to me when playing vball the other night

-I'm 46 and in great shape -do slot of weight training and cardio so it is reall obvious what this crazy change is-have MRI 2 tomorrow evening brain and spine -wwaiting on blood work now and have eng this coming week

-goofy thing here is my dad died of MMN but was 70 when they figure it out -I was there with him when he went through and apparently no heredity connection with that -don't know what to think at this time except that it definitely not getting better

-I have 4 daughter and wonderful wife and really scared for them-thanks for your time -Joe

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, Joe, it sounds like you will know a lot more soon, so I won't speculate, but there are many possibilities here and most are not ALS. Whatever the outcome, you have a great family who I'm sure will be there for you.

Are you doing this testing at OHSU?

Best,
Laurie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back