Reason
Other
Country
US
State
NC
City
Winston-Salem
Hi. I'm 53 year old female. About Jan through April of 2016, I had heavy legs, horrible fatigue. Around May of 2016, I started having bad twitches in calves and feet along with electric shock like feelings, buzzing, some painful. Went to doc, B12 and D were very low. Given high dose D and B12 injections. Got some better, still some twitching here and there, now 2 months ago twitching is back much worse, now all over, big and little ones, legs, feet, arms, torso, back area. Sporadic. Some tingling and buzzing too. Went to doc, B12 on low end but D is normal, all other blood work normal. Twitches are driving me nuts! Legs again feel weak and heavy, fatigue. Asked doc about neurologist, she said no. Did no neuro type exam. I feel sluggish when I walk, arms also fee heavy. I am very scared! Any thoughts?

Hi
There is a sticky at the top of the forum that is entitled Read before posting. If you read through it you should find it reassuring.

Tingling and buzzing are sensory symptoms, they point away from ALS. Twitching can be caused by lots of different things so they don't indicate ALS in themselves.

Your best best is to keep working with your doctors to investigate, ask your doctor what she thinks it may be and get her to talk you through what she is considering. There are probably lots of possiblilities on the table for you, I hope you get some answers soon.

Wendy

Thank you, Wendy. I read the sticky. I appreciate your time and reply.

The question I would be looking at is why your B12 and D were "very low." If your current doc isn't interested, find another.

Best,
Laurie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back