Learn about ALS
Country
CZ
State
Prague
City
Prague
Hi,
I am not new to this forum. I was suspected of myasthenia gravis, which was ruled out by the doctor who did emg. I did also an eeg and a magnetic resonance of brain, about which I didn't get any feedback yet, waiting for the second visit at the neurologist. I am currently taking escilatopram for the anxiety. I was several months with myasthenia-like symptoms in head and limbs, incredible weakness of muscles, and fasciculations. Most of those symptoms disappeared, I regained most of the strength, except something in my face. The brow falls on my eye, it is barely noticeable, and when I try to make a surprised espression, wide open the eyes, one brow raises and the other mostly stays there, dropping on the eye. If I try harder, the lower lid of that eye starts to tremble. I have this at least since January, probably from a bit more. The tissue under the dropping brow is more painful than the other eye if I push it. Can ALS start with such nerves/muscles?

Edit

I would like to add that I don't have fasciculations in tongue or that I can speak quite ok (have some throat problems but are from acid reflux. It feels like a muscular failure, not difficulty

Last edited:
There's no sign of ALS in this post or your previous posts.

Typically your neurologist uses the EMG for guidance. I understand that went well.

Yes, but the emg was done in other muscles- hand/arm, forearm and other parts of face. Upon my question whether it could be als or similar, the doctor stated strongly that it is not myasthenia. I wonder if I had als he could actually notice something anyway. The emg was the superficial one, without the long needles

No needles? Did you have an EMG or an NCV?

Your symptoms went away. ALS does not go away, it just gets worse. You my friend have anxiety. This can be a life changing thing, get help for anxiety. And stay away from this forum it isn't helping your anxiety.

No needles? Did you have an EMG or an NCV?

Hi, it was a superficial EMG.
What concerns me now is the muscle which keeps up the brow. It just works like at its 10%

Your symptoms went away. ALS does not go away, it just gets worse. You my friend have anxiety. This can be a life changing thing, get help for anxiety. And stay away from this forum it isn't helping your anxiety.

Hi Vincent, i respect what you told me. Im in cure for anxiety already :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back