Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
UK
State
London
City
London
Hi and new to the forum. I really appreciate what this forum does both for actual patients and those of us who suffer from various symptoms and have anxiety/fears over ALS. Thanks in advance!

Suffice to say I have had some symptoms such as twitching / muscle cramps / weakness that have worried me a little bit. I've read the sticky and am aware of both the odds and the number of other conditions / issues that could be causing my symptoms.

This morning I woke up unable to pinch my thumb and index finger. (For instance, if you held your hands as if gesturing fake binoculars, lifted your thumb and tried to press down on to the second segment of the index finger). Obviously this worried me and I was hoping to just seek some clarification. When I have trouble pressing down with my thumb, I feel a slight cramping sensation in my forearm (about halfway between my wrist and elbow on the palm side). There is very slight pain and tightness very much like when you have a mild cramp.

My question is whether the "inability" to do things comes with sensations in the nerves like what I am describing.

Thank you again. I really appreciate the patience and support from this forum. You all have problems of your own - thank you for bearing with us.

It's very difficult to assess such a thing via the internet. Like coughing indicating anything from a tickle in your throat right on up to lung cancer, your subjective experience is not enough for people here to go on. A doctor can observe and track down the reason for the muscles or tendons feeling as they do. A physio therapist can also assess the mechanics of your specific concern and let you know if it should give you cause to worry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back