Reason
Other
Country
US
State
Sd
City
Huron
Hello, I am a 17 year old female. For a few years now I have been able to watch some of my muscles twitch beneath my skin, it usually last for a few minutes. It is not painful but I can feel it. Recently I have been having crawling, tingling, and numbness in my arms and legs. Sometimes it feels like my skin is actually burning. I feel like my muscles are weaker than usual, especially after walking up the stairs etc. I also feel like I could be working myself up. My left arm feels especially weak, especially when typing on my phone. If I extend it it feels very heavy. My fingers on that hand feel weak. I shake a lot. When I bend over I shake, when I bend my knees I shake, when I raise my arm I don't, but when I lower it I shake. Sometimes breathing is shaky for me. Lifting my head can sometimes cause shaking as well. I also noticed that I can fan out all my toes on my left foot, but when I try on my right food my pinky toe doesn't move and goes behind the toes that are fanning out. Should I be concerned? I'm terrified. I am also very tired all the time. Thank you in advance.

17 year old. Super, super rare to have ALS. Never heard of anyone that young having ALS.
twitching: Twitching is so common to so many conditions, that it is not diagnostic of anything.
feeling stuff: crawling, tingling numbness, burning, feeling weak--none of that points to ALS.
Shaking all over wouldn't point to the new onset of ALS.

ALS is a brain disease that stops the nerves from sending signals to the muscles. As a result, the muscles don't get a signal, and they don't move. The muscle lays limp and useless--forever. Also, since the disease only attacks the motor nerves in the brain, it doesn't cause the sensory nerves to feel anything.

See your doctor. Ask your parents. But forget about ALS.
I just don't see anything that has anything to do with ALS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back