Reason
Other
Country
us
State
S.c
City
Hollywood
Hi my name is Brittany and I will be 27 in 2 months a few days ago I started having a tingle sensation in the tips of my fingers so I looked it up and als came up and than I started looking into als and got very scared and that is when my anxiety kicked in I started having twitching and spasms all over my body now my legs and arms feel very weak and my fingers are moving by themselves and they feel weak and sometimes when I eat I feel like food is stuck in my throats and it seems the more I think about als the more the symptoms bother me I have 4 children that I need to be here for could I have als?

I also have not been sleeping eating or drinking much because I'm worrying myself to death that I have als and am gonna die in a few years

Hi
ALS does not cause tingling feeling and your other symptoms could be caused by any number of things. You best bet is to get checked out by your doctor and get some help with your anxiety. I honestly dont see any sign of Als in your post.

Good luck

Wendy

Thank you I'm going to the er today because now my left side is the weakiest and my left leg calf is hurting so bad I can't walk and twitching and my fingers in my left hand are cramping and switching I'm just really stressing over this als . Am I to young to have als ? What are the changes at my age ?

People in their 20s have had ALS but I don't think you're one of them.

Thank you for the input I'm hoping this is just my anxiety getting the best of me and causing my body to have these symptoms because all I think j about day in and out is if I have als . Does als cause your fingers to cramp I can still pick stuff up and I have no trouble with the strength in my hand it's like my fingers are getting stuck and my forearms hurt when I lift them . Sorry if I'm asking all the same stuff over again just very scared

Brittany, strangers on the net are no substitute for a doctor's exam. Get checked out and you will worry less. Ping us back when you do.

So I went to the er they told me I was fine that it's just my anxiety but I'm still wondering why all my legs muscles and arm muscles are so sore and my muscle continuestp jump does als cause the entire body to hurt all at once ?

Brittany-

You need to see a proper doctor in a clinical setting. ER's are there to treat patients who have injuries and life threatening conditions that require immediate care. ER's are not places that are equipped to deal with the type of issues you are posting here about. I am not surprised they assigned anxiety as the cause of your symptoms and sent you on your way. Please make an appointment with a family doctor in order to explore the many causes for symptoms such as yours. The ER and this forum are nable to provide you the type of support and reassurance you need. Please report back when you have seen a proper doctor and let us know how it went.

Update I have a Nero appt because I have started up with some new symptoms such as having to clear my throat a lot trouble swallowing and sounding horse hoping and praying not bulbar als in my throat

You do not have any form of ALS in any way, no way, no how.

Get some mental health therapy.

Kay, I know Mike can fight his own battles but it is simply a rule here that if you are not. a CALS or PALS you are not a member and cannot post replies to threads not your own. We all hope you never have cause to become a member, and if God forbid you did, there is no charge for membership.

As to Mike "not battling ALS himself" he has lived with ALS in a way that I hope you never come to understand. If we sometimes become short with those who have no true cause for concern of ALS on an ALS site, it is at least in part a product of the nightmare we live or have lived every day.

The odds the OP has ALS are near zero, and believe me we just wish we had no cause to pretty much know that, MD or not. The OP does not need to "rule our ALS", she needs to find out what if going on with her. There is a significant difference.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back