Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
CA
State
British Columbia
City
Fort st Jon
Hello I Am hoping to get some information and opinions, About 2 months ago I started having a twitch in my arm then one night it twitchers so frequent and strong it kept waking me up. The twitching in my arm stopped and I started having twitches in my calfs and shins. I have a leg injury from when I was 11 I have had some jus left graphs and skin graphs and extensive reconstruction in my right leg. I seen my GP and she thought it was from anxiety because I looked up twitching causing and of course seen Als as one of the possible causes of twitches. I went to another doctor and he referred me to a neuro that runs the als clinic in Edmonton. There they have me a Neurolgical exam and said things looked fine, they also have me a NCV on my left leg and left arm. Then they did a one needle emg on my right bicep. The neuro said everything seemed fine. About a week later I started having pains in my calfs and kinda sharp cramps but not really full blown like a Charlie horse . My thigh has been very sore for the last 4 days and my calfs feel sore and strained. I'm wondering if the NCV would have picked up Als or if they should have done a emg on all limbs?
I should note also that I have had blood work and a MRI and things were all normal

First, you don't have any symptoms of ALS. Twitching can be anything--and it's usually stress and anxiety. Twitches are common to so many conditions, they are not diagnostic of anything.

You're clear of ALS, no doubt about that. 100 percent. Just like the doctors have said.

The EMG would see things in your nervous system, even far away, even a long time before any ALS symptom would appear.

See your GP medical doctor about that pain. Many things it could be, but it can't be ALS.

Thank your for the reply. So would a NCV pick up als ?

Nope. Nope. Nope.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back