Other
Country
ZA
State
Kwazulu-natal
City
Durban
Hello all!

Before I start i know a lot of the people on here have struggles replying to thies threads and i just want to say thankyou all for reading and replying to most of the threads I always see most of the same people replying .

Okay im a 19 year old male I've been quiet inactive most of my younger years and about 4 years ago I've started to train and do something with my life im in quite good shape and i keep a eye on my body so about a week or 2 ago I've noticed my left hand's pinky and ring finger started to stiff up a little and i just ignored it about 2-3 days later the same thing happened to my right hand and i just thought it might be because of the training then 3-5 days later the first symptom happened my left foot felt num that went on like that for at least another 3 days like that

Then the tingling started coming in it was all over my body but worse in my legs and my back i started to get twitching in my whole left leg.thats when i started to worry and my anxiety started to kick in I've been struggling with anxiety all my life and i over react a lot of the times but it's wierd its like there are 2 people inside of me one of them knows its nothing and it will go away and the other thinks i have the worst things ever and those 2 people keep on clashing with each other anyway back to the symtoms the twitching in my left leg started to die down a little and i started to twitch hardcore in my right leg.like really really badly it usually just 1 twitch every 5 min or so but when it happens it's almost as if my whole body just freezes when it happens i haven't had a cramp yet.

When I thought it was a good idea(and it almost never is)to go to DR.Google and ask him whats wrong and all i saw was just ALS ALS ALS and almost all of the links I went into it was on this website so I decided to read a few threads.I see you guys deel with a lot of people with anxiety on here and I really do hope im one of them.After reading a few threads I thought i should check if i had atrophy and i found nothing to bad then I looked at my tounge and it felt like someone drove a spear through my chest and it looks like dents on the side of my tounge and that day was dreadful for me but i read some more threads and i started to feel good because my tounge looks like the others that thought they had atrophy but it was just my teeth..

I do feel like im struggling to speak but no one has noticed and i need to clear my throat a lot more often it doesn't look like if lost any strength but i do feel weak the tingling is now just mostly around my left shoulder and upper left back and twitching has died down but i still do get intense twitching in my right leg and a little in my left and i do get sudden pain between my knuckles in my hand mostly my index and my middle finger in both hand and the pain doesn't last long I've had pain in my right calve but just on one side for a minute or 2 but nothing that lasts for more than 10 min.And something feels of when im walking and i am typing slower on my phone and i do have slight coordination problems

I've been struggling to keep my head up to but its been better lately and i do feel tired a lot but i think thats the anxiety.

What do you guys think im not looking for a diagnosis but just if you think if its ALS or not hearing that from someone that has a lot of experience with ALS and that most likely have heard countless of stories does mine sound familiar in anyway related to ALS.

Just want to say thankyou again for reading the whole thing and if you reply thankyou so much I probably will tell you if you reply but i just want to say this in advance you guys are awesome and I've read about 10 threads today and you've helped so many people struggling and people who think they have it i look up to you all.

~Gust of Wind

Gust,
There is no indication that you have ALS, but several signs that you should get your anxiety under control before it takes over your life and ruins your plans.

The first step in doing that is to see a primary care doc who can discuss with you if there is any sign you have a nerve or muscle problem, and, if not, help you find a counselor who you can talk with about your fears so as to get them "under your thumb." You likely have a long, healthy life ahead and this is the best time to make sure you get the most out of it. Later, you might consider visiting a nursing home to share the happiness you will find with those who have less companionship.

Best,
Laurie

Thankyou so so much this really does help me out mentally i do plan on seeing a doctor later next week i really do appreciate everything you guys do..hey i might stay on here just to talk to people with the same problem as i have and try to calm them down..my best wishes to you Laurie and I really hope you have an absolutely splendid day and everyone els who reads this

~gust

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back