Learn about ALS
Country
CZ
State
Czech republic
City
Praha
Hi guys,
Second time I came to take advantage of your patience with us, hypochondriacs. I hope I get three strikes :)

My issue is my right hand. More specifically the abductor muscles (FPB is most affected. - my best guess as I am not an anatomy expert.. The muscles on the right hand look wasted. When flexing (or pinching hard) I see individual strands which I do not see on my left. I get weakness especially in my pinching fingers but sometimes especially in the mornings I get them in both my hands (rheumatologist said I am fine but I still am not sure because morning weaknrss is textbook symptom..)., from what I read you would call it perceived weakness.
Neurologist sent me to EMG of both hands and since then she just called me over phone and send me to laser therapy for Carpal tunel. But get this. Of my LEFT hand not right. Since then I did not see her and my right hand seem the same if not worse. It is quite hard to get appointment. I know that there was some slight demielization or sth like that in the EMG report.

One reason that might explain this is that about a year ago I fell of my bike and bruised my right thumb. Could this be the reason for the muscle wasting? It seems quite unlikely as the damage appeared in my MCP joint (second from tip of the thumb) and the trouble Iam having is bellow that.. Does not seem logical when muscle wasting is related to nerves and nerves travel from spine.
Thanks for any opinion you might have.
Jirka.

These questions sound like they should be relayed to your doctor vs. a forum of internet strangers. If you think the doctor is prescribing therapy for the wrong hand, some questions should be asked to see if it was an error or there is some reason behind it. Ask your doctor if your bike accident could be the reason for 'muscle wasting'/ask them to confirm if that is what is really being observed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back