Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
Pennsylvania
City
Philadelphia
Hi, I have read up on ALS and the symptoms are alarming. I know anyone can read a few symptoms and automatically believe they have the disease. Myself included. I am 19 years old and have been having pain in my left arm for about 6 months. It started with numbness in the pinky and ring finger and pain in the elbow. Then pain in the shoulder. Now, there is pain in my elbow, shoulder, upper and middle back. As well as pain in my head from time to time. Other symptoms are fatigue, slower reactions and loss of strength. I am not saying I have the disease because it could be a multitude of things. However, it seems to run through my mind the more I read about it. Yes, this is not a smart idea and likely psychosomatic, but cannot put my mind at ease. I have seen a few doctors to deal with the problem and bulging discs seem to be the only answer given. Also, I had an MRI done off my cervical spine and these bulging discs were shown yet not severe. Each doctor had different opinions and one said it was odd that a bulging disc could bring these problems about. At least to this magnitude. My questions are; could this possibly be ALS and should I see my primary physician and voice these concerns? Ultimately, I need help to ease my mind and know more about the disease all around. All responses are appreciated. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back