Reason
Other
Country
US
State
Michigan
City
jackson
First of all I will state I am extreme hypochondriac. Ever since my uncle passed of bone cancer 10 years ago. About 9 months ago I noticed one of my legs had a strange feeling like a tightness so I wore tommy copper sleeve and it kinda helped for a month and then the other side became noticeable as well.

After doing searches like we are all told not to i came to the conclusion I was suffering from als or ms. So I think it would be classified under legs weakness in my mind. I do get shaky when I put pressure on legs a certain way and hand shakes but that's on and off in hands and arms.

It also becomes uncomfortable to drive. When pushing the gas I have a tightness in calf and ardm gets tired while hand on the top of the wheel. Legs also feel tight constant like I have to move em because there uncomfortable all day little worse at night. Also the knee pit or what ever you wanna call the back of knee has a ache to it I had a echo to see if it was blood clots blood and every thing came back clear.

There's also a buzzing I'll get from time to time in bottom of foot or somewhere in leg it is not a everyday thing but the uncomfortable feeling has become everyday thing. Once in a while legs will tingle or al.ost like a burn or warm sensation to them. Also i have notcied twiches in my thighs and arms in arm it stayed for a few days and left. Arms also ache from time to time not painfully just dull. I have anxiety and take klonipin for that. I told my doctor she ran blood HiV.

She sent me for brain ct scan and a neck mri Came back I had left spinal stenosis. She said it could be that but I don't think Spinal stenosis would have this affect on my arm and legs. Its uncomfortable to stand in one spot becuase legs feel like the could just give out at the knee even though they haven't yet. I am a 33 year old male by the way skinny but healthy and have never had this problem before.

I Now I find my self doing exercises to test myself. Legs feel weak after and arms ache a little more after lifting 10 lb weights. I also use the weights when doing toe lifts. I seen people talk a out perceived weakness and clinical weakness. I'm wondering if it becoming clinical and do I have als the doctor kinda laughed and said well get you into a rheumatologist first and see what happens but that's a month away and I'm so scared.

I have a 4 year old that needs her daddy around almost brings me to tears thinking about her and what if I have to.leave this world early. Thanks to all who respond to this positive or negative I appreciate you taking the time out of your days to answer my crazy self.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello- can you please edit your text to include paragraph breaks please? The solid wall of text makes it very difficult to read. Many members here use eye gaze technology and having no breaks make it hard to scan.

Spinal stenosis can certainly cause problems with arms and legs. Those nerves run from the spinal cord. Ask your doc about physical therapy, and do your own stretching (a PT can help you with the right regimen) morning and night. Massage with an MT whose focus is neuromuscular may also help. However, you have said nothing that would lead us to suspect ALS.

Best,
Laurie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back