Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
RO
State
Romania
City
Medgidia
Hello! First, I want to thank anyone on this forum who help us scared people. I wish everyone on this forum well :sad:
I'm a 18 yo female. Since Christmas 2016 I experienced shaking in my hands. On the New Year's Eve (morning) I felt I couldn't deal with it anymore so my mom brought me to the hospital (emergency section). The doctor gave me a perfusion with B1 vitamin and other stuff I don't remember. I got home and had terrible palpitations for several hours, until my heartbeat eventually slowed down. I remember after that, at some point, the light started to cause me inconvenience and suddenly I felt like my head was split in two, from the top of my head to the muscles in my neck, under the tongue.
I experienced hand shaking afterwards, I went to a neuro who said everything looked fine and prescribed me anti-stress medicine. But at the beginning of February 2017 I started to feel a ticklish sensation in my foot, which spread to my entire legs until the end of the day (running ants feeling, something similiar to restless leg syndrome when I tried to sleep).
Now I get twitches and muscle spasms in my entire body: legs, back, belly etc...
I even had twitches in my shoulders, my butt muscles, my legs, the back of my head, my back, my face. It gets worse when I'm laying in my bed, usually when I am standing and walking and doing stuff things seem okay (Or maybe I don't notice them?)
I get trouble speaking ( I stutter sometimes and I feel some kind of weakness when I speak, like I caught a cold).
Also, I noticed my hands getting skinnier. What's more, my feet look even skinnier (I can see and feel my bones through, they are prominent like never before ).
I went to another neuro just yesterday. He said everything looked fine. He recommended I do an EMG.
I wanted to ask if any of you also experienced headaches, pressure in ears (more specifically eardrum twitching along other symptoms). Also, if you have any advice for me, I would greatly appreciate that...
thank you for reading!

Hi Cristina,
You have not described ALS in your post and the odds of an 18 year having it are VERY, VERY, VERY slim. I'm not sure what led you to the forum, but I would not be worried about a fatal disease at this point in your young life.

My advice would be to follow up with your doctor on any further testing and let him know your concerns without trying to self-diagnose. If you are feeling under stress, it could likely be related to anxiety which is a real issue that can be addressed. Best of luck.

Thank you very much!
I got to this forum because everytime I googled any of my symptoms, ALS was one of the diagnosis :sad:
Thank you for the advices as well, I will try to follow them!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back