Reason
Other
Country
US
State
Vermont
City
Bennington
Hey I am a 27 year old female it all started a few weeks ago I searched Google of twitching and ALS popped up i do suffer from anxiety but this has me worried sick...I have been to my Dr and the ER they both said they dont think ALS but they are sending me to neurologist...my symptoms are occasional facial twitching, lip twitching when I smile big, tongue feels tired sometimes, facial numbness occasionally, neck/shoulder/pain, arm hurts gets tired easily and hand and left feels weird sometimes....I'm so scared I'm spending all my time thinking and dwelling on this I think I'm dieing please HELP I'm a mom of 2 kids and they need me

What do you all think

I think you have anxiety and you're fueling it by Googling. If you're worried that these symptoms are serious, call your physician ASAP today.

Yeah, me too.

Twitching happens for lots of reasons, usually stress.

You're really young for ALS.

Feeling tired. Feeling weird. Feeling weak. They don't really count.

If you can't lift your hand/foot, and there is no associated feeling of anything at all, then that would be something to worry about--maybe.

My first thought given your age + 2 kids would be sleep deprivation and/or a sleep position that is putting pressure on your shoulder/neck. Second would be electrolyte imbalance in your diet. Each of these is made worse by anxiety.

It is extremely unlikely that you are dying or even seriously ill. I am sure the neurologist will give you a good report, but try not to be scared in the meantime; your kids deserve your best.

Best,
Laurie

Last edited:
I really hope so I see the neurologist Monday it's just so weird that it is all only on my left side, my mouth gets tired when I chew as well..Ty everyone!

So I seen the neurologist and he said my exam was very good so he did not see a need to do any tests or anything should I still be worried about als or bulbar palsy?

If the doctor says it's very good and doesn't see the need to perform any further testing, then no you don't! It's wonderful news.

My only problem is my mouth has been really dry now all the sudden today my tongue is burning and I'm having trouble chewing

If you have symptoms that bother you, you need to go back to the doctor. You have been cleared of ALS by the neurologist-so it's not really helpful for you to visit back here for further health advice. The people here can not provide you with a diagnosis- but a doctor can definitely help you figure out what your next step should be.

He just did a neuro exam but is ALS the same as Bulbar palsy?

Not exactly, but a normal neuro exam argues against both.

now I'm obsessing and driving myself crazy about bulbar I'm having trouble chewing it feels like my speech is nasely my tongue and jaw feel weak and having trouble talking....I have no falacuation on tongue and that uvula goes up when I say ahhh and I still have gag reflex what do you think I felt awesome for a week now this I'm so upset

I used to have a bad gag reflex but now it takes a lot for me to gag

If you are struggling with symptoms that concern you, go see your family doctor again to explore possible causes of your symptoms. You have been cleared by a neurologist of ALS, so it's important to visit a family doctor who can help you figure out which direction you need to explore next. Returning here to satisfy your admitted obsession is not healthy and not appropriate. While it's clear you are struggling, this forum can not provide you medical advice- you really MUST visit with a doctor in person to continue trying to figure out what is wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back