Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
Alabama
City
Tuscaloosa
Ive been scared of this disease forever. The ice bucket challenge only made it worse. Recently, on occasion I've been feeling very little grip strength and just overall strength in my hand would go away. Then 1 hour later, its fine. When its on my mind it seems to happen more. Ive also experienced very LITTLE twitching. Im 13 btw. Is this ALS or am I scared to death?

Hey there-

I am super happy to report that you definitely do not belong on an ALS forum. There are ALL sorts of things that can cause twitching and loss of grip strength- ALS should not be on your radar at all. From lack of particular vitamins/minerals, poor posture, stress- your body is growing still, so makes some serious demands on your entire system.

While I don't feel you should be concerned about ALS or any other terrible disease, I think a trip to the doctor might be a good idea. There are many things a doctor can do to help with both your symptoms and your concern they might mean ALS.

be well

Hi, Chase, it's a scary disease, and you fortunately don't have it. But if you want to build on the Ice Bucket Challenge, there are always ways to help the less fortunate in your community. Being the best you can be at whatever you do always honors the people who can't do as much as you can.

Best,
Laurie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back