Reason
Other
Country
Us
State
California
City
Laguna beach
Hi. I'm working myself into a panic here. I had calf twitches a few weeks ago that lasted right at two weeks. Went to my reg doc after talking we think it was due to me taking a steroid medication that made my electrolytes low. I started doing pedilite and Gatorade and they did go away after a few days. I had none for 2 more weeks then BAM have them again. They are in both calves again.I can't find a reason for them This time. I'm female with 3 children, 40. So my question is.. does Als twitching go away like that? When you google twitching it is so back and forth and it is scaring me.

Hi there is a sticky thread at the top of the sub forum which answers common questions, you should find it reassuring. Twitches can be caused by lots of things, as you have found out an electrolyte imbalance being one of them. If that's your only symptom it's extremely unlikely to be als so don't worry.
Keep working with your doctor to eases the twitches.

Wendy

Thank you for taking time out to answer. I just found and read the sticky it was reassuring. Googling and self diagnosis is a scary thing. Again thank you for making me feel better and a lot less stressed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back