Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
Pa
City
Philadelphia
Hello,

I tend to worry i have different diseases/sicknesses.. Back in august i was moving apartments and noticed i was felt weak a lot of the day..i wasnt getting much sleep and change normally stresses me out..i had weakness in my arms and legs and felt sluggish..and muscle twitches..short twitches but would happen a few times a day..a few weeks of that..then someone i know was diagnosed with brain cancer..i instantly started having headaches and the weakness evolved into headaches with some mild weakness.i went to the doctor and he did a blood test. they said my calcium levels were a little high..i had further tests for hyperthyroidism but they came back negative..he also did the eye test in the dark to see if i had swelling in my head..nope...i almost instantly felt better and had no symptoms of anything for 2 months..

about 2 months ago i started to have the weakness and muscle twitches again..my arms and legs feel weak.. i have tingling in my fingers...one strange thing is that i wake up and my hands and feet are really stiff..ive had this for a long time in my shins/ankle but it has gotten worse over time. i think i have shin splints from running which could explain the stiffness in ankles in feet in the morning but not my hands.. i dont fall over or having issues with steps or have issues opening jars or anything. i feel like my swallowing is sometimes strange.. mainly my symptoms are stiffness in morning and then weakness and muscle twitches during the day

im a male and 26..workout 3-4 times a week w no issues...i have a pretty good diet..my sleep isnt the best..tend to wake up a lot from stress...i cant help but wonder why i wake up so stiff and weak..and then have weakness throughout the day..i know these are common w stress..but i freak out about this kind of thing..and the fact i had higher calcium with the hyperthyroidism worries me bc i know there are parallels w als

any comments or recommendations would be very much appreciated..

You've described hypochondria to a "T" in your post, but you aren't describing ALS.

Have you sought help for that and anxiety? If not, that would be my first recommendation.

You work out 3-4 times a week and think you have a disease that makes you completely immobile. Wow. Just wow...........
Vincent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back