Old 02-14-2017, 02:30 PM #1 (permalink)
New Member (Say Hi)

City: Philadelphia
State: Pa
Interest: I am interested in learning about ALS/MND.
Mws5252 is on a distinguished road
New Member (Say Hi)
City: Philadelphia
State: Pa
Interest: I am interested in learning about ALS/MND.
Mws5252 is on a distinguished road
Default Scared I Have ALS

Hello,

I tend to worry i have different diseases/sicknesses.. Back in august i was moving apartments and noticed i was felt weak a lot of the day..i wasnt getting much sleep and change normally stresses me out..i had weakness in my arms and legs and felt sluggish..and muscle twitches..short twitches but would happen a few times a day..a few weeks of that..then someone i know was diagnosed with brain cancer..i instantly started having headaches and the weakness evolved into headaches with some mild weakness.i went to the doctor and he did a blood test. they said my calcium levels were a little high..i had further tests for hyperthyroidism but they came back negative..he also did the eye test in the dark to see if i had swelling in my head..nope...i almost instantly felt better and had no symptoms of anything for 2 months..

about 2 months ago i started to have the weakness and muscle twitches again..my arms and legs feel weak.. i have tingling in my fingers...one strange thing is that i wake up and my hands and feet are really stiff..ive had this for a long time in my shins/ankle but it has gotten worse over time. i think i have shin splints from running which could explain the stiffness in ankles in feet in the morning but not my hands.. i dont fall over or having issues with steps or have issues opening jars or anything. i feel like my swallowing is sometimes strange.. mainly my symptoms are stiffness in morning and then weakness and muscle twitches during the day

im a male and 26..workout 3-4 times a week w no issues...i have a pretty good diet..my sleep isnt the best..tend to wake up a lot from stress...i cant help but wonder why i wake up so stiff and weak..and then have weakness throughout the day..i know these are common w stress..but i freak out about this kind of thing..and the fact i had higher calcium with the hyperthyroidism worries me bc i know there are parallels w als

any comments or recommendations would be very much appreciated..
Old 02-14-2017, 03:07 PM #2 (permalink)

City: Northern
State: NJ
Interest: I lost a loved one to ALS/MND.
starente15 has a spectacular aura aboutstarente15 has a spectacular aura about
City: Northern
State: NJ
Interest: I lost a loved one to ALS/MND.
starente15 has a spectacular aura aboutstarente15 has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Scared I Have ALS

You've described hypochondria to a "T" in your post, but you aren't describing ALS.

Have you sought help for that and anxiety? If not, that would be my first recommendation.
Old 02-14-2017, 08:00 PM #3 (permalink)

City: Barrie
State: ON
Diagnosed: 08/2014
Interest: I have been diagnosed with ALS.
Vincent is a jewel in the roughVincent is a jewel in the roughVincent is a jewel in the roughVincent is a jewel in the rough
City: Barrie
State: ON
Diagnosed: 08/2014
Interest: I have been diagnosed with ALS.
Vincent is a jewel in the roughVincent is a jewel in the roughVincent is a jewel in the roughVincent is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Scared I Have ALS

You work out 3-4 times a week and think you have a disease that makes you completely immobile. Wow. Just wow...........
Vincent
Closed Thread

Tags
als, back, brain, diagnosed, diet, eye, fingers, headaches, muscle, muscle twitches, running, scared, sleep, stiffness, swallowing, swelling, symptoms, test, tests, twitches, weakness