Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
New York
City
rochester
I've been lurking this site for 2 months. I have read the sticky multiple times. I've read a lot of posts. I just wanted to post to get your opinions.
I'm currently 27 weeks pregnant. In early December, I started getting this twitch in my right index finger. I would notice it while I was holding my phone. I chalked it up to overuse and went on my way. The twitching then started to occur in all my fingers, which freaked me out. I spoke to my ob and she referred me to a neurologist. I met with the neurologist who performed a number of tests and asked multiple questions. She said that since the twitching progressed that she would schedule me for an EEG to rule out focal seizures.
I'm scheduled for that on 2/27. Since the appointment, I've noticed twitching in my muscle between my index and thumb finger. I feel like I'm getting clumsier with my hand but it doesn't stop me from doing what I need to do. I have no pain, except a burning sensation that runs up my forearm. It's pretty much there constantly. I thought maybe carpal tunnel, but there is no pain associated with this.
I called the neurologist today and asked if she would be willing to do an EMG and she said to wait to see if it gets better. What ever is happening is not getting better, it just seems to be progressing.
So since I'm here, does what I describe to you sound like the start of ALS? I know you can't diagnose or anything. Just looking for an honest answer.
Thanks in advance.

Nothing you describe sounds like ALS. At 27 weeks pregnant I would believe stress or hormones way before a fatal disease. Twitching means nothing. ALS is a disease of things not working, twitching is just a side benefit.
Vincent

Thank you. I just need to move on from it. I appreciate your feedback!

I agree with Vincent, no signs what so ever.
Al

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back