Friend was DX
Country
CA
State
Quebec
City
Montreal
Hello all,
I have a friend named Mike who met with an accident 3 months ago. He had minor head injury and was temporarily paralyzed for 1 month. After a bed rest for 1 month he had great improvement in his health. Recently he has difficulty in lifting things. He is not even able to lift a pen sometimes. Also he used to say that he's feeling muscle weakness and difficulty in swallowing. I thought that these may be the effect of his accident. But recently I happened to read an article about ALS and I am worried whether he has ALS. He was really scared and worried when he was in bed rest and when he had improvement in his health, he was very happy and told me that he has understood the importance of life and he'll be careful from now on.
I haven't told him about this because I don't want to see him feeling bad again. How shall I know whether he as ALS?? Are these the symptoms of ALS?? Any suggestions??

Hi Kathy,
ALS is not caused by single accidents but they may make it more obvious. However, there are many possible causes for Mike's issues, including injuries from the accidents that were not fully treated. Therefore, I would encourage him to seek referral to a neurologist if he has not already done so.

Unless that diagnosis is verified, please change your "interest," as it is inaccurate at the moment. And please don't post in other threads besides this one.

Best,
Laurie

Hello,
He should be seeing a doctor for concerns over these symptoms to rule out anything beyond the head injury. I would not speculate on a terminal illness or suggest to him that it might be something that extreme. Hope he's feeling better.

Thank you all for your support. I really wish that he'll be healthy and fine. I've booked appointment with a neurologist. We'll be going tomorrow. Hope to get a positive result. Do pray for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back