Reason
Other
Country
US
State
Florida
City
Destin
I'd like to start with I am not a usually stressed or anxious about my health. After googling however that is out the window. I'd love some feed back.

I am a 40 year old female. I am currently having an extremely weak hand. I had pain in my wrist up to my elbow a few times. Not all day but enough to notice and take Tylenol. Tylenol doesn't seem to help. I can grasp items and do have same hand function just feels incredibly weak.

Again, I'd love some feed back. Google is not a friend when you search symptoms that is for sure.

I think the first thing in order would be to consult your family doctor. If your body is not functioning as you feel it should, going to see a doctor might provide you some ideas as to why it is not. Physiotherapists are also a good bet with assessing strength issues and providing exercises to help rehabilitate. Either way, it's important to consult with someone who can see you in person and make a proper examination.

Just like a headache doesn't immediately mean a brain tumor, a sore and/or weak wrist and hand does not mean ALS. There are so many reasons why you could have those symptoms. Dr Google helps people dial health concerns right up to 11. A real doctor is your friend in this instance.

All the best

Thank you for responding back. I will call my primary care doctor in the morning. I read the sticky note once I registered and he was saying symptoms don't"feel" my hand and wrist hurt so is that a sign it's OK? Yikes sorry I'm sorta reasoning my question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back