Old 01-19-2017, 11:59 AM #1 (permalink)
New Member (Say Hi)

City: Flint
State: Mi
Interest: I am interested in learning about ALS/MND.
Abbster4351 is on a distinguished road
New Member (Say Hi)
Default I have read everything Still Worried sick.

Hello, I am a 26 year old female that is incredibly worried. I have read everything and yet I am still worried sick. My symptoms began almost three years ago with a twitch in my left thigh. I Know that means Nothing, I agree. However here I am three years later with the same twitch that occurs every single day in the same spot. I have pains like pinching pains in the exact location that I twitch. This twitch occurs when I am walking, standing, and running. I don't have weakness I don't have atrophy but my twitch is spreading to my left arm. This is new within the last few months now what is interesting about my arm twitching is that I have pains in my arm where I twitch I have stiffness at times and I have these issues in my left had too. I have burning pain in my left shoulder. I Have had days that I can't lift a plate then I have days that my strength is fine. I have been to some Doctors they have done MRI'S and physical evaluations. I am changing my Diet and working on some stress management no change. I am going back to my Dr. In Feb and they plan on doing an EMG I am worried about the results.
Old 01-19-2017, 12:41 PM #2 (permalink)

City: Northern
State: NJ
Interest: I lost a loved one to ALS/MND.
starente15 has a spectacular aura aboutstarente15 has a spectacular aura about
City: Northern
State: NJ
Interest: I lost a loved one to ALS/MND.
starente15 has a spectacular aura aboutstarente15 has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: I have read everything Still Worried sick.

Hi Abbster. If you've ready the stickies, then you understand that what you're describing does not sound like ALS.

Burning and twitching can be related to nerve issues/neuropathy. What have your doctors said about the symptoms you present with and their findings during an exam/testing?
Thanks from
Lkaibel (01-19-2017)
Old 01-19-2017, 01:14 PM #3 (permalink)
New Member (Say Hi)

New Member (Say Hi)
Default Re: I have read everything Still Worried sick.

Thank you for your reply. My Dr. Has not found anything abnormal all my blood work is good the MRI'S showed no abnormalities. I am just worried because the twitches in my leg are still going on and my arm is for lack of a better word funky. It' twitchy, it's stiff, it hurts and it is throughout my full arm from my shoulder to my fingers. One minuet my shoulder will be burning and then L I'm having shooting pains from my elbow to my wrist. Then my hand will be stiff. It is very scary. I have been worried about ALS for three years, since the beginning of my thigh twitch, and I sincerely fear an Abnormal EMG.
Closed Thread

Tags
arm, atrophy, back, burning, diet, emg, female, lift, mri, running, shoulder, stiffness, stress, symptoms, twitch, twitching, weakness, worried