Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
MA
City
Boston
I didn't want to be back on this site but I have had symptoms that are very concerning.

My ALS fear started almost a year ago with fear that my left hand was atrophying, I have had sporadic twitching, and other fears of other muscles cramping but nothing to severe.

For almost a month now I have had bulbar symptoms where it is like I'm stumbling over words or mispronouncing them. I also feel like every time I drink something it goes into my nose. I have bite the sides of my mouth sometimes and have the feeling of excessive saliva. I often get facial twitches which frighten me as well as it appears that one side of my lips is longer that the other....

Just wanted your thoughts on this I'm 19 now and started my ALS fear when I was 18, but I'm scared I have bulbar ALS. Is this even possible at 19 with no family history. My mother believes that all my symptoms are anxiety related and that it isn't anything so she won't take me to a doctor but I'm trying to convince her to take me to an ENT tomorrow or set up an appointment.

Your mother sounds like a wise woman. Ask her to take you to a doctor for your anxiety which can be treated.

But what if there's liquids going up my nose when you drink?

An ENT (ear, nose throat) doc?

Whatever doctor you end up seeing, don't ask "Do I have ALS?" Describe your symptoms and concerns and let them form their own conclusion.

Franco- you have opened multiple threads. Each one you've opened ends with people telling you you do not have ALS. Yet you are back, opening another one. You need medical help. You will not find any further help here. In your last thread, you requested we ban you.

Mod note: closing thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back