Learn about ALS
Country
AUS
State
QLD
City
Brisbane
Good morning to you all.

I have read the "Read this first post" but have some questions regarding my situation.

As a history, I had pins and needles in my feet and hands and reading the "read this first" post showed that this isn't an indicator of ALS.

I visited a neurologist who suggested I have an nerve conduction test and EMG.

I went and saw him and he said I have symptoms "Consistent with mild distal symmetric motor-sensory neuropathy".

However in the test result (this is what is concerning me) he says:-

"EMG of the right tib nerve reveals several high amplitude polyphastic MUP's, no SPA and dense volitional activation pattern.

The right extensor digit brev speals SPA (sparce), polyphastic MUP's and slightly lightened volitional activation"

Lately I have been getting very mild twitching in the leg, arm and sometimes face. They last less that 1 sec and are sporadic.

I have been extremely stressed and my wife reassures me that the Dr said that I don't have ALS however the report he wrote has me confused.

I apologise for posting this but if anyone can assist I would be grateful.

Many thanks.

Antman

Did you ask him to explain the findings to you?

Please, we are not doctors. It sounds like your wife heard the answer to what you are asking here. Now you need to pose these questions to your doctor. Why else go to the doctor if you are not going ot have him/her explain their findings?

I don't mean to sound harsh, but this is not an appropriate question for this group.

Best of luck
Becky

Hi all

Thanks for your responses and I apologise for the silly question.

I didn't have the report from the Dr. until now and he is away at the moment.

He said to me that I have neuropathy but when I received the report I became concerned.

Lately I have been getting these twitches in my legs and sometimes in arm and face and I am stressed to the max.

Again I'm sorry for this.

Antman

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back