Learn about ALS
Country
CA
State
Middle Earth
City
Somewhere
Hi,

I am 24 years old and have recently developed some symptoms that could potentially point to ALS.

Recently my legs have felt heavy sluggish, and weak, possibly the worst they have ever felt, my right arm also feels more stiffer and heavier then before as well as it being more difficult to bend over. There are also muscle spasms that occur my legs now and then

Could this be an early sign of ALS. I am a hypochondriac so I am hoping most of if not all of this is anxiety related

Thanks

I count the word feels 3 times in one paragraph. ALS does not feel, it fails. The muscles just do not work. You are good to go.
Vincent

Yes, Vincent is speaking the truest fact of ALS, you don't "feel" anything a part just fails to function. My husband says when he looks back, he recalls randomly wondering why his toes were dragging a little when his foot felt perfectly normal. With his complete lack of experience with real illness and very few injuries in his life, he just thought if it felt normal, the problem couldn't be anything important. Even the fall he finally had on the steps did not ring bells for him because the symptoms then seemed like the results of the fall (and some of them actually were).

The above is a pretty typically ALS onset story - FAILING, not feeling. You are good to go indeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back