Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
NM
City
Albuquerque
I have noticed for a month or so now a line on the right side of my tongue. It isn't teeth marks at it doesn't sit near teeth.

I was wondering if anyone could tell me if atrophy can start this way? I thought maybe it was just my tongue had rested against something which had caused a little mark almost, but I have tried to brush my tongue and the line doesn't go away.

It is more noticeable in person and family members have said they can see it if I show them.

I wasn't sure if it was a line from my tongue starting to waste away. I have taken a picture but it isn't very clear so apologies. I am just wondering why it won't go away, and wondered if atrophy can look like this.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_6615.jpg
    IMG_6615.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 6,294
No. Not a sign of ALS.

Read the post entitled "READ BEFORE POSTING" in the Do I have ALS subforum. It will answer your questions.

What bizarre search led you from "line on my tongue" to als?!?

Something came up when I looked it up referring to atrophy causing the tongue to look differently.

Research "geographic tongue" and forget als.

My husband's symptoms started with his tongue. I'm going to be direct and graphic here--by the time his speech was affected, it looked like hundreds of tiny worms were crawling under the surface of his tongue. The Neurologists showed me and I'll never forget it. Very distinct. Lines? Nope.

My husband's symptoms started with his tongue. I'm going to be direct and graphic here--by the time his speech was affected, it looked like hundreds of tiny worms were crawling under the surface of his tongue. The Neurologists showed me and I'll never forget it. Very distinct. Lines? Nope.

Exactly how mine started.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back