Does this sound like initial symptoms of ALS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zo5526

Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
Illinois
City
Chicago
Hi All - thanks in advance for your time and anything you might have to say.

For the past month or so, I've had these weird tingly/vibration sensations occurring in my left knee/calf area that only present when I'm standing (the vibrations seem to be more intense when I'm lifting weights while standing). When I'm at rest, the vibrations aren't really there, or it just feels tense/cold and it seems very strange to me that they would only happen when I'm standing.

I've also had some tingling in my toes the last two weeks; again, that is only present when my feet are on the ground, whether sitting or standing.

I've read the stickies and I know that this sounds a lot like "feeling" but I wanted to check and see if anyone has experienced this/known someone who has. Thanks so much for your time and anything you might have to say - I don't want to waste anyone's time so I'll post this once and get off as soon as I'm told to!

Yep. That sounds like sensory issues with no motor impairment. Really, ALS/MND impairs your ability to move properly, not make you feel tingling or vibration.

If you are super concerned, visit with an MD to try to track down the cause of your discomfort. They can initiate a whole raft of tests to try to narrow the cause down and provide proper treatment if needed. An in person exam is the absolute best way to figure out symptoms and help guide you to the best course of action.

Best wishes

Thank you so much for the super quick response, I really appreciate it! I'm definitely going to go get it checked out by my GP, was just a little freaked out by the vibrating because it only happens when I stand and I wasn't really sure whether that would technically be something affecting motor neurons. Again, thank you so much for your time and response!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back