Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
PT
State
Porto
City
Felgueiras
Sorry for bothering you again but I'm extremely worried again.
My breathing issues continue and Yesterday for some reason i became obssessed with my swallowing. I noticed that if i try to swallow saliva a few times I will get to a point I can't do it, maybe that's because swallowing only works when there's something to swallow? Also food seems to be getting stuck in my throat, happened yesterday and today again. This was very sudden, 2 days ago it was fine.... I can swallow liquids perfectly by the way. I'm scared because I think this, together with my breathing issues could be ALS. Does Bulbar happen this way, with food getting stuck in throat and having to swallow multiple times? No problems with speech or tongue mobility...

Okay, this is enough. You have posted multiple times, been told multiple times that you do NOT have symptoms of ALS and you have had multiple doc and ER visits and they have all said no ALS. No, Bulbar ALS does not start the way you describe. Based on your posts here, however, you do seem to have symptoms of anxiety and you need to assess what else might be causing you symptoms, but it is NOT ALS. You need to not block yourself from this site and move on.

Best wishes,
Tracy

I know I posted multiple times but now I'm really frightened because sometimes I try to swallow and nothing happens, I need to try hard to force the swallow, and sometimes food gets stuck in my throat. Drinking water is fine though, it goes down fast, but trying to swallow saliva sometimes I can't, nothing happens when I try to swallow. I admit I am extremely anxious but these symptoms are real and frightening.

Tinkr- You have been told to seek proper medical attention for your symptoms. You have been told multiple times you do not show the signs of ALS. You have been asked to stop posting. You are asking for a whole lot of attention and reassurance from people who are caring for, or have, a terminal disease. If you take a step back, you would realize how inappropriate that is.

You have chosen not to believe anyone, not even a real live doctor. We can not help you here any longer. Please do not post unless it's to report back that you have seen a doctor who has helped you identify the cause of your symptoms. No one is telling you your symptoms are not real and frightening- they are telling you that you don't belong here, on an ALS forum.

Please seek proper medical care and stop soliciting feedback here.

So you need to go to your doctor. We have done all we can here. I am sure your symptoms are scary, but they are not indicative of ALS, as you have been told multiple times--even the swallowing issue--still not indicative of ALS. You need to be done here.
Best of luck
Tracy

My fear is that sometimes I can't initiate the swallow. I chew the food then when i go to swallow NOTHING happens and I have to try a few seconds later. I'm scared, if this is not ALS what could it be?

We don't know what it could be, we can only tell you is doesn't seem like ALS. You need to see a doctor.

Strange when i drink water i can do it very fast and swallowing initiates properly but other foods sometimes i cant initiate the swallow, so weird... Im pretty sure theres something wrong and just needed reassurance that bulbar swallowing problems dont start like this...

You have been told to ask your doctor what is wrong. Last time you said you asked about ALS and got laughed at. Ask what is wrong.

We have given our opinion. Asked and answered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back