Reason
Other
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
GR
City
A
Sorry for opening new thread but my previous post is locked.
http://https://www.alsforums.com/forum/do-i-have-als-als/36341-ere-again.html

My symptoms update :
Twitches all over the body, muscle stiffness and mild spasticity, cold intolerance, constipation, mild foot drop, muscle tiredness/weakness, muscle wasting, losing weight, shortness of breath, needles and pins in arms ,generalize fatigue, my buttock's muscle are gone so i'm sitting at my bones, cold limbs,tremor when yawing, isnomnia , difficulty swalloing, can't hold my back straight so i'm like i have kyphosis,popping and cracking joints.

About two months ago i had a sciatica crisis after a weight lifting which cause mild foot drop.After lumbar mri i have two herniated disc at L4-L5 and L5-S1..I visited one neurosurgeon and one ortho.Both them tell me to do an operation to uncompress the nerve but because i'm young,proposed to me to work with physical therapy.

My physio examinate me and told me that left leg is atrophied...Thing which scared me.
By the way my foot,after 10 physical therapies have a great improvment.

All these two months i have visited 3 neurologists and none of them find any clinical weakness. The last one,was yesterday, who ordered an EMG just to '' get als out of my mind'' and help me to move on.

Any opinions would be appreciated.

You've likely been told none of this is als

Our foot issues DO NOT IMPROVE.

3, _three_ neurologists have not found weaknesses.

Why the hell are you back here!?!

Go away - actual sick people might need our attention.

Sorry for the incovinience.
I'm just looking for opinions cause i suffer from these weird symtoms for 6 years...

Six years? No, this is absolutely not ALS. You have been given opinions, on this site and by 3 neurologists. You need to leave this site.
Best wishes.
Tracy

Please, this has been going for like what 6 years or something ... surely it's time for no new threads or posts to be allowed. For everyones sake

You can go to a chronic pain forum or some other more appropriate place. Trust your doctors. Compressed nerves in your spine can cause all sorts of issues and you have severe anxiety on top of that which makes everything worse.

I'm very happy you don't belong here. God bless.

EMG is planned for next wendesday...
I forgot to mention that all the muscle issues are both in arms and legs.

Last edited:
Good on the emg.
Pffft on the other.

Let us know what the emg results are.

EMG is planned for next wendesday...
I forgot to mention that all the muscle issues are both in arms and legs.

PAX, post again after your doctor interprets the results and tells you your status vis-a-vis ALS. Until then, don't post.

PAX, post again after your doctor interprets the results and tells you your status vis-a-vis ALS. Until then, don't post.

This is my purpose.
Please,wish me luck and do not have to be transferred to the ''newly diagnosed'' thread after emg results.

This guy doesn't have ALS, he is just looking for pen pals.
Al

Sorry,but i'm not that kind of man.
I'm desperate 34y old,who looks his body leave him with no official explanation.

So,yesterday i did the emg.

Repeated F-waves at lower limbs and F wave at the limit of the ulnar left.
Tendon reflexes NORMAL.
Evidence of chronic neurogenic change at checked muscles (quad and tibialis anterior) in lower limbs with mild decrease of diagram at both tibialis anterior.
Evidence of chronic neurogenic change at both triceps in upper limbs.
No evidence of active denervation

Talking with neurophysiologist and my neuro,both told me that the ''dirty'' results caused by my herniated discs in my lumbar and mild herniation of cervical discs.

Any comment would be important.

That's a great result so far as clearing you of ALS! Congratulations :)

Am I to understand that a neurologist and a neurophysiologist saw you, took your history, touched and examined you, performed expensive, high tech testing on you, reached a conclusion, and now you want strangers on the Internet with no medical training to comment, to judge them, to second guess them?

Believe your doctors. Ask them questions. Then believe them some more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back