Other
Country
be
State
w Vlaanderen
City
Ostend
Hello all,
I have been here before but managed to stay away for a while.(psychological therapy)
Now that I have very bad sleep quality , I come back here to see if I should start to worry again....

I found out that during the night my mouth always 'falls open' and that from time to time I loose salive on my cushion..
When looking in the mirror I can see the right side of my face/jaw is a kind of 'hollowed'..compared to my right one. I can still whistle but have the impression there is a change in my upper lip ( protrusion)
When I wake up during the night I can't manage to fall asleep again, every time when I try, something in the middle of my corpus, just below my lower ribs makes me awake. It's like I have problems breathing during the night.(normally you breathe kind of automatically,now I have the impression I have to think when I have to breathe)
At the same time I have my stomach that is continuously belching ( which I think has to do with bad functioning of my diaphragma( which is among first signs of thoracal onset ?).
My tongue looks normal (except from some teeth-marks and a little bit swollen) but from time to time I can have a strange feeling ( as if my tongue is pulling backwards) . When looking into the mirror I can see some movement in it when I stretch it out, when I keep it on the bottom of my mouth there is not a lot of movement...
Last EMG was taken in march this year and was said to be ok except for some comments ( but nothing serious according to the neurologist).Tongue was also tested at that moment.
Should these signs be a reason for having another appointment with the neurologist and an EMG or should I re-start my psycho therapy for being anxious.
thanks in advance for your kind reactions.

Don.

Not ALS. Ask your family doctor to send you for a sleep study. This happens to a lot of people, especially middle-aged men.

Thanks for your reaction.
Don

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back