Reason
Other
Country
Ca
State
Canada
City
Lolk
Hi everyone, am a 29 year old female nursing my 10month baby. It all started some months back i noticed weakness and muscle pain then twitching then it stopped. Then my right hand was so weak couldnot even lift it . So i went to several doctors and the first neurologist pushed me away. After much persuasion i went to another and he did ctscan of brain which was normal and i showed him my thumb and feet and he did a mini nerve test for 5mins and he said i should go home. But my cpk is slightly elevated and am seeing muscle loss all over my body in my shoulder thumbs knees and legs. Everypart is shrinking and squeezing even my facial skin has thinned out. Am not on any weight loss program so thats why am here asking can anyone pls who has gone tru this before. Pls find attched pictures of leg and thumb. My ribs has started to thin out too and am still big

Attachments

• 1480857601845-1705335682.jpg
    1480857601845-1705335682.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 277
  • 1480857646982-1935307228.jpg
    1480857646982-1935307228.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 295
Pls is anyone here

Most of us are busy taking care of the terminally ill or getting assistance in getting ready for the day so are not responding to every post immediately--please be respectful of our time.

Read the sticky at the top of the page that says read before posting. I am not seeing anything that would indicate ALS and if a neuro didn't see it either, then you need to be addressing your questions about your symptoms to a doc who will pursue other diagnostic avenues. It doesn't sound like your neuro detected clinical weakness. You may feel weak, but not present with clinical weakness. Clinical weakness is the hallmark of ALS.

Work with your doc to find out the cause of your symptoms as it is not ALS.
All the best,
Tracy

No one is obligated to post responses, and certainly not within any time frame. As Tracy said - you are talking to terminally ill people or those caring for someone terminally ill, so a little restraint and respect will go a long way.

I have no idea what you are hoping we will see in those photos, they look perfectly normal.

Please start focusing on your baby who needs your attention. Your doctors are pretty smart, but you should continue seeing your regular doctor if you can't get on top of this. Don't insist you have a rare terminal disease at a very young age - be open to finding out what is going on instead. All the best.

Thanks all am sorry if the message was too demanding. You can delete it. Wish everyone well thanks .

Hi Loll,

Didn't see anything unusual in your photos. Your post doesn't make me worry about ALS. Two doctors blowing you off may not feel good, but it's a good sign that they see nothing to be worried about.

It all started a few months ago. You gave birth ten months ago. I'd say you're stressed, on edge, and maybe losing weight. But I'm not a doctor and can't exam you in person, so I'm probably all wrong.

See your regular GP medical doctor who knows you. Again, your post didn't say anything that would make me think of ALS.

Thanks so much for this msg mike this touched me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back