Interest: Other
Worrieed is on a distinguished road
Banned
City: Xx
State: Xx
Default Scared

Hi I'm 25 years old I've been experiencing some symptoms for about 2 months now, twitching in legs and now through out body not big twitches sometimes there so small I don't even feel them and there more like small shocks, there mostly on my legs and the occasional ones on the arms, head feels really out of it like I'm spaced out, been going to sleep and waking up 3-4 times a night and when I do wake up it's as tho as my body is shaking/ vibrating, my left leg feels really awkward when I walk, I'm a painter by trade and when I pick up 2 different size paint tins they feel as there the same in weight until I swap arms and it feels totally different on the other hands.
Possible atrophy on left leg it's 1 inch smaller around my thigh and calf looks different. I feel as tho my whole body is shaky and my coordination and balance and dexterity in my hands are different, when I'm holding my phone with my right hand it's as tho my hand feels as tho it's about to go stiff and my index finger gets really stiff when I bend it. I've also been extremely fatigued over the past 12 months. Sometimes I get spots on my body that feel like there numb like on my leg and I've had it on the top of my head.
I've been to 4 different doctors who have said its my anxiety and I've gone and seen a neurologist this week and passed all the physical tests and he has said its all anxiety but my symptoms seem to be getting worse everyday the neurologist said that he is 99.9% sure it's not ALS and that if I want an emg to get my mind off of it once and for all to go with it but it's not necessary.

Just seeing your guys thoughts on the situation?
Old 11-24-2016, 11:28 PM #2 (permalink)
Very Helpful Member
Forum Moderator

City: Colorado Springs
State: CO
Diagnosed: 11/2012
Interest: I have been diagnosed with ALS.
GregK has disabled reputation
Very Helpful Member
Forum Moderator

Default Re: Scared

Your description tells me that you did NOT read the sticky titled READ BEFORE POSTING.

Do so now.
Old 11-24-2016, 11:31 PM #3 (permalink)
Banned

Banned

Also about 2 weeks ago I was waking up with my arms completely dead and with in 30 seconds they where back to normal, I've also been coughing to try and clear my throat more and sometimes if I talk for to long when I try to swallow my throat feelsreally tight and a lot of clear/ white sticky mucus in my throat. Could all these symptoms spread like that within 2 months to affect basically my entire body and tongue? . I can do everything I've been able to do previous. just feels different.
Old 11-24-2016, 11:32 PM #4 (permalink)
Banned

Banned

Sorry I have read it? So is that a no to thinking I have ALS?
Old 11-24-2016, 11:36 PM #5 (permalink)
Very Helpful Member
Forum Moderator

Very Helpful Member
Forum Moderator

Did you find these symptoms in the sticky? No.

There's your answer. Listen to your docs.
Old 11-24-2016, 11:45 PM #6 (permalink)
Banned

Banned

Thank you for ur reply. It's just that it seems to be getting worse everyday, and one thing I forgot to mention was that when I lay down on the couch/bed etc when I move my legs off from that spot, where my legs where resting it's as tho I have this weird Crawley/tingling feeling on that spot. Does that all point away from ALS? Sorry for the re questioning I've just been a total reck over these last 2 months!
Old 11-25-2016, 12:29 AM #7 (permalink)
Extremely Helpful Member

City: lala land
State: home
Diagnosed: 05/2013
Interest: I lost a loved one to ALS/MND.
affected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond repute
Extremely Helpful Member
affected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond repute

Not a chance mate, you are clear of ALS but need to follow your many doctors orders for getting the anxiety addressed.

There is ZERO ALS in your description.
Old 11-25-2016, 02:29 AM #8 (permalink)
Banned

Banned

Thanks tillie really appreciate ur reply. today the stiffness in my right hand has been constant and I have to constantly move my hand because it gets uncomfortable and all these numbing/vibrating spots on my legs point away from ALS? Sorry for all these questions
Old 11-25-2016, 02:49 AM #9 (permalink)
Extremely Helpful Member

Extremely Helpful Member

Read the sticky titled READ BEFORE POSTING.

You do NOT FEEL anything with ALS, you simply fail to do things.

You do not have ALS symptoms, please let us look after the PALS here who do.
Old 11-27-2016, 06:56 PM #10 (permalink)
Banned

Banned

Thank you for all of ur reaponses truly means the world!

I have just one more question and I'll be done, so sorry for constantly asking, over the last 3 or 4 days my throat feels really tight when I swallow saliva, food and water, and sometimes I can feel the food still stuck in the back of my throat and when I cough to try get it out some food comes back up, I've also found it a bit harder to breathe, I've also been wakin up with sore teeth which I think is due possible grinding of my teeth as I sleep and a lot of burping which sort of burns the back of my throat also over the last year or so if I lay down for a period of time I tend to drewl out of my mouth. could all this be bulbar onset ? And could my mental state of not being able to concentrate and not being there due to my breathin problems? Even with all my other symptoms that's going on in my body?

So sorry to revert to coming back onto the site.

Really appreciate everyone taking there time to reply back to me.
Old 11-27-2016, 07:02 PM #11 (permalink)
Forum Moderator

City: Vancouver
State: BC
Diagnosed: 06/2015
Interest: I have been diagnosed with UMND/PLS.
ShiftKicker has a reputation beyond reputeShiftKicker has a reputation beyond reputeShiftKicker has a reputation beyond reputeShiftKicker has a reputation beyond reputeShiftKicker has a reputation beyond reputeShiftKicker has a reputation beyond reputeShiftKicker has a reputation beyond reputeShiftKicker has a reputation beyond reputeShiftKicker has a reputation beyond reputeShiftKicker has a reputation beyond reputeShiftKicker has a reputation beyond repute
Forum Moderator

City: Vancouver
State: BC
Diagnosed: 06/2015
Interest: I have been diagnosed with UMND/PLS.
ShiftKicker has a reputation beyond reputeShiftKicker has a reputation beyond reputeShiftKicker has a reputation beyond reputeShiftKicker has a reputation beyond reputeShiftKicker has a reputation beyond reputeShiftKicker has a reputation beyond reputeShiftKicker has a reputation beyond reputeShiftKicker has a reputation beyond reputeShiftKicker has a reputation beyond reputeShiftKicker has a reputation beyond reputeShiftKicker has a reputation beyond repute

Go see a doctor. You don't belong on this forum. You really shouldn't be asking terminally ill strangers on the internet when you can go see a real live doctor who can help you.

Best wishes
Old 11-27-2016, 07:17 PM #12 (permalink)
Banned

Banned

I no I don't, and I'm sorry for annoying you, it's just that I have been to about 15 appointments over the last 2 months and they keep saying it's anxiety. So you deffinently don't think it's ALS? Especially with everything happening at once like this?
Old 11-27-2016, 07:22 PM #13 (permalink)
Very Helpful Member
Forum Moderator

Very Helpful Member
Forum Moderator

The answer is "no". Now you're just being a pest.

Time to move on.

Closing thread. Do NOT start another.
Closed Thread

Tags
anxiety, atrophy, balance, emg, finger, neurologist, night, pain, scared, shaking, sleep, symptoms, tests, twitches, twitching