Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
GA
City
Atlanta
Hi everyone, thank you all for taking your time to answer everyone's questions even though it can be extremely difficult for you. I have read the sticky and I wouldn't be posting if I didn't think this was something of concern.

So I'm a 26 year old male, and am very active. I run and work out daily and I'm also not one for the doctor. I normally let my body run its course and rely on food, vitamins and exercise to help me out.

So the last month I have had some strange symptoms occur. My left arm has been having muscle spasms that are only in the one arm. They have been the strongest in my thumb, right in my palm on my hand non stop twitching at times.

Within the last 5 days I've noticed my pinky finger feeling Strange and kind of clumsy, it doesn't seem to straighten out unless I am focusing on it and wants to curl up more. It doesn't seem to be weak but I don't really know because I have never tested my pinky strength before. But it just feels like it's clumsy and doesn't want to work like my other fingers.

Well I'm curious if this sounds anything like ALS, I know the twitching is a symptom but normally it occurs after the muscle has died. I have no atrophy in any part of my body and I dont have any weakness. Just the twitching and pinky feeling clumsy and awkward lately.

Thank you all for taking time to read this and any answers given.

That whole thing sounds like something pretty benign indeed, but I am not a Doctor so I won't say what. Twitching means squat whatever Dr. Google claims (the Internet BTW is a rotten source for ALS info in particular, full of misinformation). I have twitched since I was a young kid. Mom started twitching when she was pregnant with me.

Please read the stickies if you must go even that far here, and do see your Doctor if symptoms persist (but NOT because you have ALS, you don't). I would bet a year's pay you don't have anything serious at all, and ALS is not even on the table.

Live long and prosper, and stay away from Dr. Google - and sites for people with terminal neurological illnesses.

It's been pretty Strange to me. I've never really experienced anything like it so that's what is bothering me. I did read the sticky, but what was bothering me was the isolated spasms I'm my thumb and my pinky feeling flimsy/clumsy.

No weakness, no ALS. Lucky you. Lay off the Redbull.
Vincent

I understand what you are saying, but I have read that it can start just as clusniness, which I am definitely experiencing in my pinky. And the nonstop twitching I have had for 5 weeks straight isolated to my left arm only.

You've been told "no". Be thankful.

Go visit your doc, you might have a pinched nerve.

Twitching means nothing. Zip. Nada. Goose egg. Null.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back