Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
NJ
City
Jersey City
Does anyone think that eating sushi once every week or so for a year could cause ALS to trigger? I know that heavy metals have been associated with ALS, but I really feel like the mercury from sushi could trigger it. Any thoughts?

Heavy metal toxicity is one of the things they test for when looking for other causes of ALS symptoms It is considered a mimic not a cause and would be treated If you are concerned about mercury poisoning ask your doctor to test you for it

Heavy metal toxicity is one of the things they test for when looking for other causes of ALS symptoms It is considered a mimic not a cause and would be treated If you are concerned about mercury poisoning ask your doctor to test you for it
Im sorry for using this method to communicate with you, I saw no other option to respond privately to your messages, is there any way I could be granted permission to use the rest of the subforums for research purposes? I am truly interested in learning more of MNDS, if not I am sorry and will refrain from posting ever again

You are not a researcher. If anyone cares to respond to you they can do it here. You are welcome to read anywhere. The primary focus of this forum is to support those with MND and their loved ones.

Don't know about anyone else here, but to me eating sushi once a week would be more of an indication of some sort of ongoing neurological condition rather than a cause....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back