Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
NC
City
Raleigh
Thank you ahead time for any feedback. It is much appreciated.
Little back story. Nearly 30 year old male having symptoms for roughly 6 months or so.

I have body wide twitches. Mainly, in my legs. Thighs and calves included. As stated in the stickies, twitches mean nothing without weakness. Now, while I have fatigue everyday in my legs and they shake whenever I bend down or extend them, I can still walk on my toes/heels, etc..So, I put that mostly behind me.

What is bothering me now, is going on in my right hand. For the past couple of weeks, I have a sharp/throbbing/cramping pain in my right hand. Particularly, on the thumb side where the part of the thumb closest to the body comes down and meets the wrist. The pain will shoot there, last for about 5-15 seconds, then go away. It will them come back about 10 minutes later. This lasts all day. I will also, every once in a while, get the same pain on the pinky side as well as through the fingers.

Normally, with just the pain, I would not even worry about anything serious. But with this pain sensation, I have also been getting a really fierce twitch in the wrist/palm area. So much, that it will cause my hand to move completely and will lift my fingers. Also with this, I have had twitching in the crease of the arm where it meets the elbow as well as the outside arm/shoulder area,.

And with all that, I have the "sensation" of weakness.. I can still turn keys, button shirts, etc.. But the hand, and especially my thumb, seems to be lagging behind.

I have had MRI's and blood work out the Wah-zoo, and everything has been normal. I have also had a few EMG's about 3+ months ago. Left side was normal, no issues except for a nerve "thing" found on the NCV.. And the right side was done by 2 different nuero's at 2 different locations. Both of which came back normal. So, with that, I try to find relief. Although, the neuro who tested my right arm/hand, had me in the office for all of 40 minutes. This included all clinical tests as well as the EMG. So, as you might think, I didn't find it very thorough or convincing.

Aside for being a "2" in my "skinny" knees, quoted from my main neuro, all clinical exams were normal.

So, with ALL of that said, my question simply revolves around the new symptoms in the right hand being relates to something that would warrant making another neuro appointment?

My apologies for the lengthy post, but I would greatly appreciate any input from those with personal experience.

Thanks!

I read your post twice. If I were you I would go to my primary care doctor with a printout of what you wrote. Since nothing in your post sounds anything like ALS or even anything neurological, I think your primary care might be able to suggest what to do.

Certainly is nothing at all like ALS, not even a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back