Reason
Other
Country
AUS
State
Western Australia
City
Perth
hi everyone, I'm a 24 year old male from Australia.

I have recently been having some symptoms that have lead me on to this forum.

It all started 2 weeks ago I was driving in my car and I felt like I was going to black out. That night I started searching up what could be wrong with me, i then started to get vision disturbances that are still persisting like my eyes can not stable and feels like everything is shaky and my head feels constantly spaced out and I just get stuck in a daze. All these issues persisted, 4 days after the first "attack" I had hand stiffness and it just felt weird to move, the day after I had another one of those attacks where I almost blacked out while driving I went straight to the hospital they did tests on my heart blood tests etc and everything came back normal. So they sent me home. That day my legs just felt really weird as like they where sort of ditached from my body but I've had no problems with moving them haven't had that feeling since but I'm pretty shaky due to me having athreita and scoliosis in my lower back, I've know started to get legs twitching throughout my entire legs majority of time my calves and it only happeneds when I'm rested. I've since then had a numbing feeling in my hand with pins and needles sometimes coming on . Also around the same time my tongue started to get real heavy and I sometimes feel the muscles in my face gettin tighter and when I swallow it feels like it gets stuck.

My arms get occasional twitching but no where near as bad as my legs.

I was wondering if als comes on all at once affecting all parts of the body or just one part and then it moves on to the other?

I've been worried sick! I have been to 2 different gp's and they both said it isn't als and its anxiety But something in the back of my head keeps saying it is! I'm honestly losing my mind over this.

Just hoping to hear some answers from you guys.

Thanks

My right hand has also felt different and maybe even a tad weaker then normal.

I have also been really tired as soon as it reaches say 730 -8 pm I'm physically and mentally exhausted, I've also Been experiencing random sharp pains in my body which doesn't feel like cramping.

Not even close. You sound like a guy who needs more sleep, less screen time, a massage and maybe some PT. Visit a care home, spread some cheer and you will see the difference straightaway. Enjoy your good health, something the PALS here don't have, and don't waste another minute worrying.

Best,
Laurie

Thanks for your response Laurie, I've also been experiencing really poor balance, even when I stand It feels as tho my legs are struggling to keep me up straight, even when I walk my balance just seems off. Also my voice has been very croaky and my voice sounds a bit different I know I have to get off my phone just can't get my head off of this.

Hi, I'm an aussie too.

You do not have anything that would even remotely suggest ALS.

Please go straight to your GP and explain your severe anxiety over this, be really honest. There is a great forum also called anxietyzone it may be worth joining.

We really can't help. This section is to ask if what is happening sounds like ALS, and you have now had two senior members tell you that it definitely does not. All the best mate.

Thanks tillie, my head is in constant limbo even after saying to myself it's just anxiety I somehow keep getting other symptoms like my hands this morning felt more stiff then usual and my left leg is more shaky and it just feels a tad weird when I walk as if my leg has the slightest of limps, also my left leg seems smaller then my right. I'm also right handed/footed? Even when I drink water it's as tho as I'm gulping to get it down at times.

Thanks for your responses

Sorry again guys today my right hand has been really weird my pointer and rude finger have gone stiff and I sometimes get this numbing/nerve feeling through that side of my hand and it goes up my forearm abit! Just wandering if als causes that sensation? As I've read that its just weakness and no sensory feeing is accompanied? It started today after I picked up my phone and my pointer finger just went really weird as tho as it was spasming.

Just need some re assurance

Did you read the sticky post at the top of this forum section titled READ BEFORE POSTING?

That is our official position.

You do not have anything that says ALS to us.

We have reassured you all we can. Please understand our members are either dying, caring for the dying, or caring for these people after our own loved one died.

We are happy to answer questions here, but once answered you need to move away.

As I advised - go tell your GP that you cannot control your anxiety over this and get help - find out what is going on, as obviously something is, and get your anxiety attended to.

ALS is a disease that starts in the brain and stops the nerves that make your muscles move from working. You DO NOT FEEL ANYTHING. My husband would look at his hands in shock constantly as he felt perfectly normal, but they simply would not work. THAT is ALS.

All the best.

Hi again, I'm sorry that I have come back with my symptoms but everything seems to be getting worse my left leg is starting to make me limp (which i only notice) and when I run it just doesn't feel right, I have been having the worse sleep aswell constantly waking up at 330-4 am wide awake with night sweats and my shoulders have felt numb when I first wake up I've been so fidgety in bed aswell like when I woke up this morning it was like I needed to move my body or I just felt really uncomfortable. If I sit down for to long in certain angles my left leg gets pins and needles throughout. The twitching has also gotten worse and I'm starting to get it on my shoulders and bicep and when I clench my jaw it twitches like crazy. Ive also had more saliva in my mouth and my voice when I try to sing high pitch voice just doesn't seem to come out or if it does it's really low and I've never really had a problem it all! I've been to a counsellor for my anxiety and they say all this can be caused by anxiety. But as I've previously said something keeps telling me it isn't!

Just want some more opinions if it could possibly be als?

You've already received that opinion: no. Perhaps you should go back and read the answers you were already given?

It came with the direction to read the sticky titled READ BEFORE POSTING

Which you also appear to have not read. Go there and see that it does NOT include most of the symptoms you describe.

I have read it but there's a what if that keeps on popping back in my head. I forgot to put in something aswell 2 days ago I was playing basketball because I've always loved it as I went up to try and dunk the hoop it was like I couldn't jump off my left leg I almost fell due to me running pretty fast and trying to jump but I couldn't get air. I've tried to jump and I can jump off of my left leg it was just that one time where I couldn't. Also I've measured both of my legs and my left leg is 1 inch smaller(width of the thigh) so sorry for all this!

Moe, If my memory is correct..you have posted here before. Even if its not, you need to stay off this forum.

There are forums that are great for anxiety. Why not visit and talk to others suffering with the same condition you are? You have had doctors and several people here tell you that you don't have ALS and yet you want to believe you do. That should be a reg flag for you.

This disease is not a joke, something to be taken lightly and certainly not a disease to want. Maybe you should ask yourself " why do I want to think I have a fatal disease"

Go see a doctor for anxiety, be truthful and get help. Anxiety is also a very tragic disease and obviously causes a lot of health issues.

Get well, live a wonderful life and do not come back here. We are dealing with so much and every post like yours that has to be answered...takes time away from those of us here...that really have this crappy disease.

so sorry to be back here, as I've been told I'll be blocked and banned if I re post, these last couple have days have put me back in the "I think I might have als boat" my right hand has felt more weaker my grip when I use my phone has felt much weaker then normal it just feels different when I grip things and try to move them around in my hand I've also had sharp pain I've been sussing out my hands recently I've had my hand opened and I try to bend my pinky my ring finger follows and I can't keep it straight like my other fingers in my hand and when I try to straighten it I can't I have to use my other hand and when I do that I get a shooting pain up this inside of my arm like my nerve is getting pulled really tight even answering phone calls my arm feels really sore as if my muscle can't hold up the phone for to long. My twicthing has gotten worse in my arms and my arm has involuntary movements as like the muscles sort of move by themselves it was only in one arm but now I'm starting to have that not being able to stretch my finger in my other hand. I was at the ER yesterday they did reflex and strength tests in my arms and hands and everything was fine.

Just seeing if these hands issues could be anything to do with this disease. I'm so sorry to be back I just don't no where to turn

Thanks in advance

You need to turn to a mental health professional who specializes in health anxiety. This is not a dismissive post, but a serious recommendation. Counselors have helped many people here, and I do not scoff at anyone needing assistance with their health, regardless of the appropriateness of seeking it in this place. They will help you weed out physical symptoms to be concerned about from your anxiety related symptoms.

The people here are stretched to their absolute emotional and physical limits with the needs of a serious terminal disease. Your insistence on having these struggling people care for you as well, even in just answering questions you already know the answers to, is indicative of an underlying need for attention- from a medical professional though, not strangers on the internet. Please get proper help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back