Reason
Other
Country
Ame
State
California
City
San diego
Hey everyone I really need some help. I'm scared I have als but that's obviously why I am here right? So let me break down how I got to the point of me almost believing i have it and still do.

About January of this year 2016 I noticed some twitches. Mainly in my forearms and thighs. Well I was on prozac as well. This went on for a while and I had a lot of calf twitches especially when I'd lay down. So after months of this, I quit drinking energy drinks I was drinking a lot of. Got off of prozac. And still to this day I have twitches.

Some days are worse than others. Some days I have sore muscles. I have what I think is a dent or muscle deterioration due to als that I will post a picture of. I know about bfs and idk if I have thay. I mean eBen right now my calves are twitching pretty freguently almost like waves. I haven't been to the gym in a while. But I also have not lost weight.

I've seen 3 doctors and done blood work several times and every time they say I'm fine. But I don't understand how they think I'm fine when it's not going away. I'm 22 years old I shouldn't have these things going on. My doctor told me hr wanted me to go to a psychiatrist before I go to a neurologist which honestly irritates me a lot. I just want a emg done. So the fact they are not letting me makes me worry even more that I'm missing out on getting this under control.

Anyways I'm very scared I have als. I don't notice any weakNess really. I don't know how you can really define weakness but I (I'm in the military) can run and do pushup and situs just fine and pass my physical fitness tests, while these twithese have been going on for nearly a year. That is really the only thing I've noticed other than what I think is muscle deterioration.

I do have anxiety which makes this so much worse worrying about. I worry about it every day and it nearly consumes me. I appreciate any and all feedback and everyone's time. Thank you very much I may have left a little bit out but not that I can recall right now. Any questions will be answered asap. Thank you everyone.

Attachments

• 20161019_111838.jpg
    20161019_111838.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 209
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi
I couldn't read you post right through as it was just a messy block of text.

Our PALS here who are totally paralysed and using their eyes will have even more trouble.

At the top of this forum is a post titled READ BEFORE POSTING.

I'd suggest you do that.

Twitching means nothing.
Your hand looks normal, but hey I'm not a doctor. (I just know ALS really well and my husbands hands wasted shockingly so I've seen the type of wasting you are looking for)

Your doctors are way smart, if they don't want to use up resources giving you an EMG when you have no ALS symptoms, that's a good thing.

Seeing a psychiatrist would be a smart move.

All the best, there is not a single thing that would indicate ALS, no matter how scared you are and what you might read and interpret as what is happening to you.

No one here will think you have anything to worry about, least of all me. I gather the quitting Prozac and energy drinks is relatively recent. Likely, your system is still getting over all that. You have no weakness, the hallmark of ALS.

I would suggest bodywork that incorporates static stretches like tai chi, Pilates, classical stretch, to help your muscles reset. Swimming if you have access to that. Diet, sleep, de-stressing and daily lengthening of the muscles will all help you get past this.

Best,
Laurie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back