Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
Ct
City
Greenwich
Hello. I am new here. I have recently been examined by 3 docotors. I believe I have symptoms of bulbar onset.

My tongue is twitching, barium swallow test says slow esophagus, I have tons of mucous in the back of my throat.
I have had 2 clean emgs and being told I don't have ALS, but my mouth doesn't feel right. It feels weak and twitchy.
Any guidance would be of great appreciation.

What have you been told is the most likely causes to follow through further testing on?

I have been told that it could be a virus or possible exposure to a chemical in my house. But my tongue will not stop moving in my mouth. I have no weakness though. Just tongue jerking on and off

Also thank you for your response.

How long have you been pursuing this?
You say you have had 2 clean EMG's.

My husband died of bulbar onset ALS.

He never felt anything you are describing.

Twitching means nothing, even in the tongue.

It does sound to me like a viral cause, which is a more common cause for your issues, would be far more likely.

Thank you for your response. I am sorry for all that your husband went through. I have been seeking treatment for about 5 weeks now. The doctors seem perplexed. We additionally found a very dangerous chemical on our home and my 4 year old has also been having twitching and numbness. I just feel like im losing control of my mouth. Weak, and exhausted. No wasting or diagnosed weakness.

If both you and your 4 year old are experiencing physical problems and you just found a very dangerous chemical on your home I would suggest you call your poison control center as soon as possible for their advice.

vw-fl

Thank you. We are currently under the care of an environmental doctor and toxicologist. Obviously I have called poisen control and have tended to the care of my son.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back