Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
NY
City
NY
Hi

I am a bit worried. I have Not npbeen feeling well for more than a year. Mostly I have been feeling tired with Sore muscles in My legs and arms. Especially if I Press on It with My hand. Two days ago My left biceps was twiching all the Time and the whole Day. I had 10second twiching yesterday morning and this morning. I have No weaknes - I think. I can still do what I use to do. I am Not sure what is going on. The twiching really scared Me.

Your input is greatly appreciated.

Twitching is too common to be diagnostic of anything.
"Feeling tired" is not an onset symptom.

Please read the sticky titled READ BEFORE POSTING before asking any more.

Thank you. Im going to see My gp to see whats going on.

All the best

M.

Atrophy of the right side of My body

Hi
I have noticed My whole right side is atrophied. My calve,tights,palm,arm, even My butt. If I lift My right arm Up it starts to Shake after 8 seconds. My left arm does not. Last week however My left biceps was twiching for a whole Day Non Stop, Not My right. I now have random twiches all over. Not all the Time but its a twich here and there throught the day. Mybe I had this random twiches before and Just did Not notice.I also noticed since last week that a vain on My right Palm keeps on twiching and its also uplifted. My walking is not as Strong as it use to be but this has been going on for two years now. I can walk on heels and toes but My legs get tired when walking. Im Not an active person. I dont do any physical activity. Most of the Time I sit or Lay down (sitting Job).

Also I am having Some difficulties speaking since Friday and with swallowing with horsevoice. It is like a feeling of a tight throat. I dont slure but My throat was Just shutting down in the Middle of the sentence and i Just could Not speak. Not a Word. I have No pain at all. And if I move My uper torso from left to right I can hear Some weird sound like wooshing or rubbing coming from My throat. I can speak better today all My symptoms all still present but im also yawning more but Not alot more.

I am so worried im paying privately for a neuro appointment this week.

Your opinion is greatly appreciated.
Thank you

Last edited:
Re: Atrophy of the right side of My body

Hi
I have been thinking especially what has been going on for the past year. I have been under Massive stres for the past two years and the past Month especially. I also lost 20 pounds in the last year. I also have scoliosis. My right shoulder is located much Lower then left. Pain in My shoulderss is often present. I also had a pinchedIm nerv in My Back on a few occassions. I can bend down but going Up is a risk as I never know if im going to end Up in My bad for a week. Im not sure if this has any correlation with the atrophy on My right side. I have Not notice atrophy per se until yesterday when I looked. My right side has defenitely become weaker. I have like small spasms or cramps when walking. It usally Just gets tired and heavy.

Last edited:
Mod note: plz stay in one open thread

Will do.thank you.

Could someone please comment on what I wrote. Dont worry I can take it ;)

At the top of this forum section is a post titled READ BEFORE POSTING.

It's a really good idea to do that as our PALS are dealing with a terminal disease and often using their eyes to operate the computer, and our CALS are exhausted looking after them. That's why we created the comprehensive post which is our official position.

Could someone please comment on what I wrote. Dont worry I can take it ;)

I see nothing worrisome in your post. Certainly nothing terminal. Definitely didn't see ALS in your post.

You sound young (under 40) and sedentary.

Rather than a neurologist, I would see an Internist for a broader view.

I see nothing worrisome in your post. Certainly nothing terminal. Definitely didn't see ALS in your post.

You sound young (under 40) and sedentary.

Rather than a neurologist, I would see an Internist for a broader view.

Thank you for your answer. I need to see the neuro. Im praying its stresa. But the atrophy worries Me.

At the top of this forum section is a post titled READ BEFORE POSTING.

It's a really good idea to do that as our PALS are dealing with a terminal disease and often using their eyes to operate the computer, and our CALS are exhausted looking after them. That's why we created the comprehensive post which is our official position.

Thank you for your answer. I dont want to sound selfish I guess I am Just so worried. I respect the decision of all the very helpful people here. I have learned a lot from reading their answers.

When I wrote I pray its Just stres I dont want to sound disrespectful to People who were diagnosed. I do Not know what is wrong with My healt. But the fear of having als or onset symptoms is Real. And i pray its something Else and hope.

All the best to all of you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back