Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
Tx
City
Dallas
I just want to start off by thanking all of you for your time and responses.

All my symptoms started about 3 weeks ago. I was at the grocery store when my left hand/arm started to feel weak. I'm not sure if it was actually weak or just felt that way. Those symptoms started to subside but I started getting new symptoms.

My left shoulder started to get really sore and painful, and it was hard to pick stuff up, although I could.

Next my arms, hands and feet starting tingling. I would wake up and my hands and feet would be really numb, so much so it would shoot pain. Also my entire body would twitch. My feet and legs also feel clumsy and really heavy.

Everything but the shoulder pain and weakness has subsided.

I went to my pcp, he did bloodwork and it all came back normal. He also did a basic neurological exam and said I look fine. He is sending me for an Mari and to a neurologist. I am so scared.

I also wanted to add that my dr. Dx me with perpherial neuropathy and anxiety. He also gave me Xanax.

So basically everytthing you are describing is sensory. Als is a disease of the motor or movement neurons. That is not at all , in my opinion , what you aee describing. Pinched nerves, herniated disk, etc can cause symptoms like you have described. But not als.

Please continue to seek your doctors council. This is not the right place for you.

Canhale,
My arms barely work, as do my legs, but at no time have I 'felt' weak.

For more info please read the sticky titled READ BEFORE POSTING

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back