Reason
Other
Country
US
State
Delaware
City
Wilmington
Three months ago I started having weird symptoms. It started with hyper sensitive skin, and tingling (my right leg specifically). From there weakness started in my right leg and arm. Although I feel it's perceived weakness as I could still lift heavy things and such. I noticed today my right thing looks smaller and different than my left... I've had a clean CT and MRI. Waiting for my neurology appt. they can't see me until February. :(

That's a long time to wait!

I doubt it is ALS as you don't have any symptoms of that. What is your doctor looking for with an EMG. What are they doing in the meantime?

Forgot to mention I have twitching all over my body. Legs, arms, everywhere. Can a general practitioner write a script for an EMG? Or does a neurologist have to do that. I hate this waiting game. February is a long way away.

Twitching means nothing honey.

I feel I'm mostly concerned because of the tiwitching along with the possible thigh atrophy....

No one is symmetrical.
You could try to get on the cancellation list with the neurologist, or ask if you can be referred to another with a shorter waiting time?

That's what I'm wondering ... maybe my leg has always looked like this and I'm just now noticing ?... I also get weird finger tip sensations. And achy pains that feel like they are deep muscle pain. Bizarre. I am on the waiting list for cancellations. The place I'm going is the only place in my state that accepts state insurance so I can't really go anywhere else :(.

OK so try for the cancellation list, then wait it out.

Maybe try reading the post at the top of this forum too titled READ BEFORE POSTING.

You just are NOT describing ALS. We can't really do much in the waiting time.

If you suddenly fail to be able to do things, go back to your doctor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back