Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
UK
State
Leeds
City
Leeds
Heya guys, so I've read through a lot of these threads and probably made myself worse by worrying.

About a week ago when I got into bed I felt by legs vibrating (like tremors from my feet). Since this I have tremors in my dominant hand (I don't know if it's weakness, but it's causing a lack of dexterity and it's difficult doing things as fast as before like typing.) My legs are still vibrating making it difficult to balance myself (walking seems fine though, but my legs do ache). I also have occasion twitch in my right hand and today my throat feels really dry/soar and speaking is more difficult. This has been in the space of a week.

Is it possible for ALS to onset in different areas so quickly? There is still nothing I "can't do" but things are getting more difficult. My legs/feet and right hand are constantly vibrating, at rest and when trying to do something.

Anyway sorry to bother you all, I hope everyone is doing well. I'm driving myself crazy with this.

Just as an addition I'm 25 and male. Generally good health but a bit overweight.

This does not sound like ALS. There are many things that can cause your symptoms; have you seen your family doctor yet? We can't diagnose, so please make an appointment and find out what is going on. The last thing I would worry about if I were you is ALS.

Good luck, and make that call!

Aye, she seemed unconcerned though, and the symptoms have gotten worse since then. Could only manage to get the blood tests for next Friday, and then god knows how long after for an EMG.

The only thing that worries me is the definition of "weakness" and "twitching". I appear to have both of them so it's just a bit concerning.

If the doctor didn't note weakness, then you do not have clinical weakness. In ALS clinical weakness is what matters, not feeling weak. Believe us, the doctors will be able to detect clinical weakness--if she didn't then you don't have it.

You say you say you have tremors - that is totally different from clinical weakness or fasciculations. You don't get tremors with ALS.

You don't belong here, but you must go back to your doctor and state your concerns. All the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back