Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
CA
City
LA
First of all you guys are incredible and I am sorry to bother you with all of this.

3 years ago I fell and hit my head and after that I suffered from a lot of anxiety. I started experienced weird sensory things like

bouts of dizziness that could be provoked with head positionsfeeling water drops hitting my legs and arms,

my hands would go crazy numb during the night (and once when I was just sitting sleeping in an airplane)

I has numb fingertips for a whole day

I have had buzzing patches - and some of them I later realized only buzzed when i bent my chin down to chest - I can still get it sometimes, more so after exercise or hot shower.

two black spots in vision (left eye) one is tiny, the other one is big enough so that i sometimes think there is a big bumble bee flying past my face :) it is NOT floaters.

diffused twitching - the twitching absolutely gets worse with anxiety - these last two weeks I started fearing ALS and my twitching skyrocketed - but it has followed me these last 3 years. Sometimes shoulders, arms, legs, back, eye - for a few seconds normally and then it stops. I notice it when im still.

I guess the reason I am obsessing over ALS now is that a neuro brushed me off last week saying that my symptoms have nothing to do with MS - so I started wondering if it isnt ms, then what on earth is it... I'm almost afraid to get an MRI, because if its negative, then could this be ALS all this time provoked by my hit to the head?

I hope my post wasnt too long and thank you so much - btw im 24 years old white female from scandinavia :)

No reason for you to even remotely consider ALS which is great news.

I hope they can help you cope with what could be the result of a head injury.

Thanks so much. I have no weakness at all and with twitches for 3 years (I have actually been getting stronger due to working out with weights) common sense would be to not worry at all about ALS. I have found nothing that says ALS gives blind spots or Lhermittes.

The sticky really helps me too - to get ALS at 21 is so rare, it's almost impossible to actually understand.

You are good to go then, we are supporting people with a terminal illness and you don't belong here which is great news.

Hi Louise92

I can certainly understand your anxiety with the symptoms you describe. Unfortunately, strong emotions can sometimes interfere with making good decisions. For example, if your doctor recommended an MRI, I cannot think of a reason not to get it. If you were unhappy with your neurologist’s response because you feel he or she didn’t take you seriously, getting a second opinion would be the logical thing to do. Since you are so stressed out, it would seem to be good idea to consult with a psychologist for the stress and anxiety that you’re experiencing since it could help you a great deal. By the way, the symptoms you describe don’t sound anything like ALS; nevertheless a second opinion should help allay your anxiety regarding this issue.

Eliot

Thanks for your input :)

The neuro is actually the 5th one ive seen in this time period, so im running out of places to go for second opinions :) He didnt recommend it because of my symptoms, he only suggested I get one for my anxiety. My GP, who has to refer me, wont.

It's odd, after ALS came in to my mind my twitching has increased with 100000%, suddenly its everywhere, last night im sure i felt it a little in my tongue. Although I feel I may have strained it after self checking it obsessively in the mirror ;)
The weird thing it escalated like that immediately after my anxiety thought of ALS as an option - so maybe my mind is more powerful over my body, than I would like to admit. After 3 years I would assume I would have some kind of weakness anyways, and I have the opposite.

Plus I do have severe health anxiety - if you had known me 2 months ago, I was obsessing about something entirely different, which made me just as miserable inside. And 4 months ago, another thing.

I do actually think I might have MS - stationary blind spots and other stuff on vision and something similar to Lhermittes that is activated by heat.. Tingling/buzzing that comes and goes away.. Dizziness spells that came and went. Urgency problems when time to go nr. 2. I guess in my calmer mind I know that it points AWAY from als, but in all honesty it points to MS. And I can deal with that if I have to.

I think I went down a rabbit hole of anxiety with this als thing - 2 weeks of insane self checking and googling has made we hyper aware of things i probably always have had, but never noticed before and obsessing over something can apparently make it appear.

SO; thank you - I will try to stop googling this and go back to one of the other 9 diseases I have had so far this year. ;) im an idiot.

Louise

Try the web site anxiety zone, it is a more appropriate place to work through your issues.

I'm so glad you don't belong here, good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back