Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
Nevada
City
Las Vegas
I am a 21 year old male who in the past week in a half have shown many symptoms too similar to als. I went to my doctor a week ago who ordered blood tests but they all came back clean. I saw him again this wendsday and explained my concern about als, he said he didn't think I have it and gave me anxiety medicine.

Symptoms include weak left arm with burning sensation after being used.
Feel extremely weak in that arm so it gets tired quickly.
-muscle twitches through out my whole body, especially at night.
-twitching tongue and I think it gets tired if I have to much food in mouth. Also is a little hard to swallow food.
- constantly shaking

I have yet to drop anything or have slurred speech, but I think that's yet to come.a

Buddy-

There is nothing here that actually indicates you are "all but confirmed". As a matter of fact your doctor told you no and gave you antianxiety meds. Work with your doctor and do not make such statements- it's not true.

Damn dude.

It's all but confirmed that you DONT HAVE ALS.

Read sticky titled READ BEFORE POSTING.

Pay attention to the parts about twitching and 'feelings' (such as burning)

thank you guys for replying does make me feel a little better. I'm just so scared and constantly pace around the whole house which i driving my dad insane.

the symptom I'm most scared of is the tongue twitch/swallowing. I'm so scared to eat anything that's not small. when i do eat bigger food its a struggle to chew most of it and then actually get it down. I constantly have to refill my drink so i can wash away my meal! once i actually finish said meal my tongue feels exhausted and twitches!

i forgot to add that when brushing my tongue my gag reflex goes crazy to the point where i wan to throw up.

Please don't post here any more.

This is a forum for those with ALS, and you have been cleared by a doctor. If you are that concerned about your health, continue to see a doctor and work with them- but do not fixate on a disease that you do not have. No matter how many sensations you add to your list here, you won't be able to get the members here to diagnose you.

Until you have a muscle that DOES NOT work. Not FEELS or seems weak, but does not work, go somewhere else. Please do not bother people who are actually dying.
Vincent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back