Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
CA
State
Ontario
City
Chelmsford
For the last 8 months i have been having numbness in one leg that was checked by emg and it was clear..then i was getting dizzy spells and feeling of being drunk but i dont drink..then i was noticing that my legs were becoming weak at times and going up the stairs made them shake..just for the last 2 weeks now my legs have been alot weaker and also my arms..starting to panic cause i am waiting for an appointment with a neurologist..had a clear emg of the right leg at the end of 2015 cuz of numbness in my right leg..i also get tired very easily..could this be als?

With a normal EMG nine months ago, in the midst of symptoms, no. This sounds just as likely to be systemic as neurological, so I'd see an internist while waiting for the neuro. Meanwhile, you might focus on relaxation, hydration, nutrition, exercises like tai chi/stretching, and get a massage with an MT whose focus is neuromuscular.

Best,
Laurie

Not a chance!

Read the sticky post at the top of this forum titled READ BEFORE POSTING

For the last 2 weeks especially this weekend i am very shaky and cant stay standing more than 10 minutes..i still have strenght in all limbs but extremely weak. And weakness is progressing. I can still walk on my toes and heels..i can still sit on floor from standing position and get up without using hands but can this be the beginning of als? Cause of all the weakness and muscle twitching all over?

You feel weak--ALS causes clinical weakness. This is a concept that is extremely difficult for people not actually suffering from clinical weakness to understand. ALS causes a muscle not to work, you can't do a task that requires a specific muscle--it just doesn't work. You don't feel anything, you don't feel that weakness is 'spreading'. It's difficult to explain and understand but only your doctor can diagnosis clinical weakness. Go to your doctor, work with them. You have something going on, but it is NOT ALS. Best wishes to you.
Tracy

firefly you are being rude.

I directed you to read the post at the top of this forum titled READ BEFORE POSTING. Clearly you did not bother. You would rather make terminally ill people, or people caring for one read your posts and write answers than stop and read our post for yourself.

You do not have ALS

I am sorry for passing off as being rude that was not intended..i have been very worried and it took over my thinking..i am very sorry..god bless you all and prayers always sent your way..xo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back