Reason
Other
Country
Us
State
Ma
City
Framingham
Hi: I am sorry to post but have read all the stickies and really need support as I'm very scared. My symtpoms started off as cramping in my legs, and some tworching in my toes. Lately, I have felt bulbar symtpoms. I often spit up phlegm after drinking any liquid. I also weight myself ecru days and have noticed that my weight has stayed fairly stagnant no matter how much I eat. Additionally, after eating, I often feel headaches come on from eating. Are these initial signs of bulbar. I am been trying to research them more online and can't get. A read if my symtpoms are due to gerd and post nasal drip or bulbar onset. Thank you and i greatly appreciate any and all input.

I also should add that I feel as if my face is thinning out and that I'm often biting my tongue and cheeks. Thank you again as im vexed by my symtpoms and am
Terrorified about bulbar.

Not a single bulbar symptom I'm glad to tell you. My husband died from bulbar onset ALS.

I think instead of researching and asking strangers about terminal conditions you should just go see a doctor.

Im sorry about your husband and thank you for your input. My doctor chalks things up to anxiety,m. Your group seems very knowledgable as I have read that most doctors know little about als and often don't diagnose people correctly with it. For instance, I know Pete Frates had to google his symtpoms to get help and the right diagnosis. Thanks for your input!!!

Having watched my father die from bulbar onset I can tell you that you don't have it. Trust your doctor that it's anxiety and seek treatment for that. Stop Googling as well!

Thank you both for the input. Im super scared because I have the spitting problems from drinking and it is now hard me to stand on one foot. When I stand on one or the other foot I feel as if my planted food is moving. Is this a sign of losing nerves in my legs and als. Thanks again! This is my last question.

Also meant to add that my bones are constantly cracking and when I squat down on my toes I can only do so for a short time. I'm only 34 and have heard that als in young people presents itself different than in older people. Thanks again, as in really curious if I should fight for an emg. Thanks!

ALS is a disease of the brain, not the muscles. You do NOT FEEL ANY DIFFERENT, you simply can't do things.

Please read the post titled READ BEFORE POSTING at the top of this forum section.

You are good to go.

I'm still confused as to why when I swallow fluids, I have salivia come up. Isn't that a major bulbar sign, salivia from fluids. Z

Let's see...not sure if your symptoms are post-nasal drip, gerd or ALS? Why in heavens name would you jump to a very rare, terminal disease instead of pursuing common, treatable problems through your doctor? You clearly have not read the stickies. None of your symptoms are indicative of ALS, absolutely none of them. Several members have responded respectfully to your inquiries. Now it is time for you to respectfully move on. Enjoy your long life.

I apologize. I don't think I explained my symtpoms correctly and was hoping to describe them correctly, get an opinion and then you can feel free to close this thread. When I say I have to spit out salivia after drinking fluids, this is occuring due to phlegm coming out of my throat after I drink any type of fluid. Additionally, at times, I have to cough after eating or drinking. Furthermore, I wake up every morning with tons of Phglem in my mouth. Does any of this correspond with early bulbar onset swallowing problems. I am going to call my dr again but want to know if I should really push to him my concerns of bulbar or if all of these salivia problems are not indicative of early bulbar onset, as basically I'm having trouble with salivia after drinking. Thanks again and please close this thread once there is some input on this. Thanks!

No, you have been told that these are not bulbar symptoms. Your description is really no different from the first few posts. You absolutely do not have any symptoms consistent with ALS. Read the stickies and call your doctor, but you need to move on from this site now.
Tracy

You see blaw, we happen to know ALS really well, and I know bulbar ALS particularly well.

Don't bother trying to describe your swallowing issues again, we get it. It is NOTHING like ALS swallowing issues. Trying to describe it again does not change that.

You are more than good to go :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back