Other
Country
ger
State
Germany
City
Berlin
Hello Guys!

Im 29 and afraid of bulbar. Started 4 Months ago with twichting all over my body. Now i have a dry larynx, mucus and coughing/ swalloing while fast drinking now 4 Times in 7 weeks. I speak very normal. Yesterday i had EMG in legs, arms and tongue. It was normal , i was very happy. So no als with clean tongue EMG?

Wish ya all the best!

Oh, i forgot. Yesterdayi had a sip diagnostics, it was also normal ! Clinical exam from neuromuscular expert was also fine.

Last edited:
You're in the clear. It's not ALS.

And the emg in my tongue cannot be done to early?

At the top of this forum section is a thread titled READ BEFORE POSTING.

We wrote this as our official position and it relieves us of time away from caring for terminally ill people and their carers, by answering your questions so far.

Please read and be assured you do not have ALS :) All the best.

You're good to go. Best of luck.

Thank you! I am very happy, that my tongue EMG was clean...i was so afraid!

Can you tell me if muscle tremor after carrying something is a sign of ALS?

Go read the sticky post at the top of this forum section titled READ BEFORE POSTING

Honestly it answers things so clearly.

Short answer to your question is NO!

You have had a normal EMG, you need to go work with your doctors, rather than asking terminally ill strangers, especially when we have designed a post to answer you.

You thought you had bulbar, now you are looking at your arms... You really are good to go mate.

Thank you so much. I am really scared because of the twichting and i have muscle pain in both arms since 2months...that freaks me out...and bodywide twichting.

Please stop posting new symptoms. You have been cleared of ALS. You should now return to your doctor to find out what is going on; you are very fortunate that it's not ALS. You should stop reading about ALS now.
Good luck.

Goodbye, Ziferi. I see you never took the time to read the STICKY because if you had you wouldn't have created this thread. Your time here is done. You don't have ALS. Go have a happy life.

Im so sorry, ive already read the stickies. Is it true that there is no muscle pain in ALS, like carly horse, sore muscles etc? Both arm and both shoulder hurt after minimal strain. Im so afraid...

Normal EMG AND normal clinical exam say you should look elsewhere. Pain happens in ALS secondary to clinical weakness. A normal exam says you do not have that. You have been tested and the 2 things needed to make an ALS diagnosis- abnormal exam and EMG- you don't have. Please go to the doctor and ask what is wrong with me- stop asking is it ALS- you are doing yourself a disservice when you could be finding the issue and fixing it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back