Reason
Other
Country
US
State
Ri
City
Warwick
Hi all: I'm sorry to post, but I'm very confused about bulbar als based on what I've read on the forums and in the stickies. I'm concerned because lately I have felt the need to spit out saliva after drinking fluids. I have been eating fine and speech isn't slurred for the most part. I also have felt like I have been biting my to tongue lately but this may be anxiety. I've also had some muscle cramps. Is the spitting after drinking an initial sign of bulbar? Thanks and this will be
My only post just hoping for clarification. Thanks!

Spitting after drinking is not a sign of bulbar onset.

Read again the sticky titled READ BEFORE POSTING.

There can be no confusion as not a single thing you report is a sign of the beginnings of bulbar onset ALS, not even one. I'm really happy to be able to tell you this as my husband died of bulbar onset ALS. All the best.

I'm very sorry about your husband :(. I was concerned as I read bulbar symptoms mirrror those of gerd. I also read that initial bulbar symtpoms come and go (eg stuttering) initially so I was very scared. Additionally, blue trains story really had me scared as he also had leg cramps. Thanks for the info!!

You need to read bluetrain's latest post where he explained that while he presented with cramps, his doctors always were concerned and he had other Upper Motor Neuron symptoms. You do not present with bulbar symptoms, not a single one, so time to move on. That is very good news, indeed!
T

Thanks for the response. I've been nervous as I've had that paired with lots of aches, pains and cramps in my arms and legs which I think is a huge als sign for young people. It seems like als for younger people takes on a different form.

Mod breaking in. This post has terribly misleading information in it.
Aches, pains, and cramps are NOT a "huge sign" of ALS for anybody.
Readers, please refer to the sticky post titled "READ BEFORE POSTING" to discover why your symptoms are not symptoms of ALS.

Last edited by a moderator:
Afraid, you seem to have ignored the helpful and informative posts from the people you have asked advice from.

If you are choosing not to heed the highly knowledgeable and informed people on this forum, who are experts on the experience of actual ALS, perhaps seeing a doctor in person is in order. You can dispute the facts with them instead.

Afraid really you are starting to become rude.

Read the sticky titled READ BEFORE POSTING. That's our official position, no ifs or buts and definitely no maybes.

We are not going to argue back and forwards to these kinds of comments. Get educated on what ALS is by reading our stickies.

You don't have a single symptom, so you need to move away from here for your own sake. All the best for a long life, we all twitch and get aches and pains mate, that's life.

I apologize for any rudeness. I was the impression struggling to swallow saliva after drinking was a major sign of bulbar. It seemed to be trend and swallowing wasn't addressed in the stickies. I apologize again and will refrain from posting if that is not a bulbar symptom.

Still confused about bulbar

Hi Sorry to post again and I will delete my log in info once this is answered. With bulbar, I read from past threads that t starts with liquids. Considering that I keep having to spit out phlegm after drinking, should I go to a neuro and mention bulbar? From reading the stickies, it doesn't say what type of problems a person would have with liquids. Thank you again and I will plan on deleting my account by this weekend.

Re: Still confused about bulbar

Also, I read that with bulbar, the symtpoms will get bette, then worse, then better, and finally much worse. Is this true?

You still haven't read the sticky READ BEFORE POSTING as it tells you ONE THREAD.

You seriously need to go, I think you are just trying to wind us up now.

Can we vote on a thread closure?

Your impression is wrong.

You do not have bulbar anything. I know bulbar really well. Please do what you have offered and now refrain from posting again.

You and me, that's 2 votes - but this should be deleted anyway as he broke the clear rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back