Reason
Other
Country
Us
State
MA
City
Marlborough
I'm considering revisiting my doctor but wanted to get a honest opinion. I feel like my right toes have been twitching. I'm worried because the twitching is centralized. My wife, who is a nurse, can't see the twitching. We are in an argument, as my thought as in als the twitching would be more ocassional and hard to see. She has said that twitching would be frequent in that one area and another person would be able to notice it. Is early centralized twitching something another person would notice and it is frequent or occasional? There are honestly my last questions, and from there I will delete this account. I just want to figure out if I need to go back to my doctor on this. Thanks again! I also want to donate to als, please let me know if I should do it through the forum or another reputable organization. Thanks!!!!

Twitching can be visible or not intermittent or constant. In my experience it came to the area where clinical weakness already existed.

As we constantly say twitching by itself is meaningless and worrying about it is a waste or time and energy.

Please please do what you said and leave here. You can't actually delete your account but you can block the site or just stop coming here

A donation would be lovely and much appreciated. The site costs money to maintain of course. All ALS organizations need money too. In your area- patient services compassionate care als Falmouth, research Mass General ALS clinic UMass ALS clinic or ALSTDI

Thank you! I will donate to the site, as you have been very helpful to me. is there a way to detect clinical weakness in my foot without an emg? Im just so scared now that I have the cramps with the issue with my foot. It also scares me that my Ck blood test was normal which is another sign of als.

I just donated and am very grateful for your input Nikki.

Clinical weakness is not detected by an EMG. It is detected by the doctor. You said your doctor tested your muscles. I have clinical weakness in my foot. The doctor placed her hand under my foot and said push. Nothing happened= weakness also walk on your toes could not. Walk on your heels. Ditto.

A normal cpk test is not " a sign of ALS". It is a sign of - normal. Just because PALS usually have normal cpks you worry? We also tend to have normal blood counts, potassium levels, chest xrays- so do most of the world's population

Thank you for donating

Time to move on. You keep adding one more question. Kindly stop. Please go live your life. Get outside before it starts raining!

Thank you so much! You clarified my question that clinical weakness would come before twitching not the other way around as I thought. thank you!!!!

DJAR. You came here looking for honest opinions. You got them.

Having ALS or caring for someone who has ALS is very difficult and tiring. We can't take any more time repeatedly answering your posts. You've been told by some really, really smart people that you haven't presented any ALS symptoms. If you're still concerned, see your doctor, but do not waste time of terminally ill people and don't insult us by ignoring our advice.

Time to go. Good luck. Wish you long life and happy days ahead.

Thanks Mike, all this person needed to do was read the sticky in stead of begging for personal answers over and over.

I will stop posting. I want to be respectful
For those on here who have been diagnosed. Based on the alsa website and interviews that I have read with doctors, the stickies should include the fact the muscle cramps are part of the initial symtpoms as tbat seems to be a trend. i was reassured until reading those interview and just hearing how prevalent cramps were as early symtpoms of als with no change in telexes, muscle Weakness or atrophy.

Based on our experience we will not update the stickies, we put a lot of time and effort into making them and we stand by what they regardless of anything you read anywhere else.

You are really best stopping reading anything about ALS, honestly. All the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back